Barley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me started. The United States of America is literally no longer an actual democracy. When the rich and special interest groups are responsible for more of the elections than the actual voters you know what you have? An oligarchy. Super fun. So if you want to have a voice, become a millionaire and contribute your super pac dollars to campaigns who will ensure the best "candidate" to accommodate your interests gets the job. Ew. I hate government.
lol! You must listen to Ground Zero. You don't have to convince me...Clyde already did!

I haven't listened to Ground Zero in a very long time but it sounds like it's time to tune in! I'm not some politics junkie or a democrat or *gasp* a republican... I'm a citizen of a country that doesn't give a rat's ass about my voice, my needs, my concerns or my livelihood. Why on earth should I participate in the process when it's so clearly broken? No, I won't be voting this year. Because there is NO way in hell it could possibly matter. I am honestly a little frightened about the next presidential election. It's gonna be a mess.

Reactions: Naked Apple
There was a study or something done. We ARE an oligarchy.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/21/americas-oligarchy-not-democracy-or-republic-unive/

ehglcz.gif

Reactions: Debi
I haven't listened to Ground Zero in a very long time but it sounds like it's time to tune in! I'm not some politics junkie or a democrat or *gasp* a republican... I'm a citizen of a country that doesn't give a rat's ass about my voice, my needs, my concerns or my livelihood. Why on earth should I participate in the process when it's so clearly broken? No, I won't be voting this year. Because there is NO way in hell it could possibly matter. I am honestly a little frightened about the next presidential election. It's gonna be a mess.
Clyde will be recovering for the next 2 weeks from a pulmonary embolism that almost killed him. They're doing replays of the more supernatural shows right now. Clyde pretty much hits it on the head on the government, and hates being called repub or dem. His take sounds just like yours, which is the reason I thought perhaps you were a listener!

I happen to believe the fix is in for the next Pres. Barring health reasons, I think it's a Hillary thing. UNLESS some repub comes up with a better offer to the powers that be.

Reactions: Abiding Dude
LOOK! LOOK everyone! The wizard came out from behind his curtain! DM has transformed into Bob Bain! YAY! His identity is now known by all! WELCOME, Bob!

Reactions: Abiding Dude
Status
Not open for further replies.