Awful Apps

Having finally gotten fed up with Netflix, I dropped them and went looking for a new streaming service. Long story short, I signed up for Britbox.

As the name implies, Britbox offers a very deep catalog of movies and TV programming from the UK. I was really excited to finally get to see programs I'd only read about, and went to find their app. It was down hill from there.

It was the worst app I've ever downloaded. It was slow, buffered forever, and had the annoying habit of reverting back to the app's homepage in the middle of programming. And as bad as the app was, their customer service and tech support were worse.

I didn't make it through a full month before dropping Britbox.

I have successfully avoided most use of apps. I currently have only two that I've added to my phone, and both were simply a necessity. I have a few apps on my Kindle which work fine for the most part, but I prefer my laptop use straight to a site.

I don't have or want a "smart" phone so I enjoy an app free life. So far I have gotten along fine with an old-fashioned flip phone ($25/mo) and desktop computer and/or laptops.

Having finally gotten fed up with Netflix, I dropped them and went looking for a new streaming service. Long story short, I signed up for Britbox.

As the name implies, Britbox offers a very deep catalog of movies and TV programming from the UK. I was really excited to finally get to see programs I'd only read about, and went to find their app. It was down hill from there.

It was the worst app I've ever downloaded. It was slow, buffered forever, and had the annoying habit of reverting back to the app's homepage in the middle of programming. And as bad as the app was, their customer service and tech support were worse.

I didn't make it through a full month before dropping Britbox.
I love Britbox but I don't use any app on my phone, just on my roku device and my computer. It works fine for me.

I tend to forget the names of the many apps that I have downloaded, installed, and later removed. That was mostly in the early days of smart phones and personal computers. I am happy with the current set of application programs and don't install too many of the new ones.

Reactions: Selectric
I am happy with the current set of application programs and don't install too many of the new ones.
Oh, on Roku, I do try apps that offer different movies and TV programs. Since we cut cable TV, we pick and choose from the other services available via internet. When we have watched our fill, we will drop it and pick another. Sticking to the thread topic, we tried Hulu and dropped fairly quickly.