As I kid I thought...

jayiniowa

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Air conditioning...not the window air conditioners...the real thing. My parents never got air until after I moved out of the house. On the plus side...I've always liked the natural air of a box fan blowing on me.

OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Air conditioning...not the window air conditioners...the real thing. My parents never got air until after I moved out of the house. On the plus side...I've always liked the natural air of a box fan blowing on me.
Ohhh yes.
When we moved to our newly built home when I was 9, we had central air. I was the envy of many a friend, which may be why my house was the "place to go".

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
I went to visit/play with a schoolmate at his home, I was in the 3rd grade. When my Mom and Dad picked me up, the first thing I told them was the family had TWO televisions in their house. I was amazed, to me at age 8 that was seriously living large!

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
I saw one the other day. (S)he crossed / flew in front of my bicycle.
Most can't appreciate how big wild turkeys, especially males, are until they are seen in the wild. A good size male can be twice the size of an eagle. They are also fearless, and sometimes even aggressive, where humans are concerned.