Artificial intelligence art

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I found this video on accident yesterday and found it very interesting so I thought I’d share. This guy gives the computer a quote from the Bible to see what it creates. To see if it has any inspiration on its own. The pics are quite interesting. I thought this was something different and might make for a good discussion. We have a couple artists on board here.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
The pictures are beautiful, but lacking the human finesse and imagination to fully grasp what is being portrayed.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
The pictures are beautiful, but lacking the human finesse and imagination to fully grasp what is being portrayed.
Yep, which gives me hope that these robots aren't sentient yet lol. It's a cool experiment though. The guy had a fun idea.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
Yep, which gives me hope that these robots aren't sentient yet lol. It's a cool experiment though. The guy had a fun idea.
Don't think even becoming sentient will allow AI to view things as deeply as we do. Maybe far down the road? Perhaps. But would take something outside it's initial functions for AI to gain feeling or compassion...like an addition added by a programmer before it could evolve more from that.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Don't think even becoming sentient will allow AI to view things as deeply as we do. Maybe far down the road? Perhaps. But would take something outside it's initial functions for AI to gain feeling or compassion...like an addition added by a programmer before it could evolve more from that.
It's good to think we are still essential lol.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
AI generated art is not art in the sence it was created by an individual, which is what a lot of people are now claiming as their creations or artwork.. kinda the same as programming a cad system or plasma cutter to carve wood or metal. cnc machines are for mass production and are not the same as hand made. its not true "art" unless its hand made, cut, routed, painted.. whatever medium is used. digital art, if you draw, paint, color, animate etc... every aspect of it, it is art. if the program creates the background, characters, etc... it is not art. it may be following your idea or vision, but is not created by your own hand. some programs supply a catalog of avatars/characters you can add to from everything such as clothes to accesories. to claim these as your own artwork is misleading.... if you are an artist you should be able to take a block of wood, a sheet of steel or a piece of canvas and create a work with minimal tools or pallets, on the spot.......... if you claim an AI piece or digital piece of work, you should be able to sit down and draw that character freehand on a napkin in minutes. if you cannot, then you have failed.

Reactions: Duke
It's good to think we are still essential lol.
That's what makes AI scary that it lacks the fundamentals to make deeper decisions. Anyone can make a blunt or cold observation. Don't need a computer to do that for us lol. Math equations....knock yourself out puter! Real life or theological insights leave to the people. Great thread Lynne :)

Reactions: Paulm
Perhaps. But still think it will lack that nuance of emotion needed for a human response.
emotion cannot be explained....... or programmed. so that will always be what separates us, probably.....lol.... as a human, we go that extra step to understand, and eventually to grow or learn from that understanding. would a machine or program do the same, or just see the first solution as the end. would it take every option, and then still search for other ways to solve a puzzle/dilemma? we go deeper in thought for solutions and learning. thought is the key to understanding. the depth of the mind cannot be programmed or learned by bytes and chips........ (or maybe it can, i dunno......lol)

Reactions: Duke and Selectric