Art recaps

This really fascinates me. I would love to know what is being transmitted.
I am going to go out on a limb and guess that if its SAC giving these codes, the skies are filled with nukes.

Reactions: Debi
Art mentioned the other night that someone called him and said had the scenerio been real, no one would have been having their coffee above ground the next morning.

Reactions: amused1 and Maphoo
Art mentioned the other night that someone called him and said had the scenerio been real, no one would have been having their coffee above ground the next morning.
I don't know if has been confirmed whether it was SAC codes or not, but it is routine for other governments and terrorist cells to transmit codes over HF bands, you hear it everywhere.. just makes you wonder who it's intended for, because it's always one-way communication

Found this on the internet. Interesting but scary stuff. EAM
You will hear a six-character alpha-numeric string (known as the "preamble") read phonetically, repeated three times. This will be followed by the same 6-character string either by itself (as the entire message), or concatenated with additional alpha-numeric characters to produce alpha-numeric strings that total 28 characters (the most common length; 30-characters prior to 01 Oct 2000; 26-characters prior to 01 Oct 1998), or 22 characters (20 character prior to 01 Oct 2000), or strings with character-counts that can extend into the hundreds of characters (with the available character set universe consisting of all 26-characters of the English alphabet plus the numerals two, three, four, five, six and seven; with extremely rare exceptions there are no zeros, ones, eights or nines heard in these strings).
holy crud thats what we were hearing, the repeat of the 6 characters 3 times, then the long string, then that collapse statement

Reactions: amused1