Are we in the Matrix

If the entire universe is an illusion, then the physicist who proposed this theory doesn't really exist and neither does his theory.

If the entire universe is an illusion, then the physicist who proposed this theory doesn't really exist and neither does his theory.
unless we are just a form of A.I that has become sentient and are in the process of surpassing what we were intended for..... and now we are doing the same........who created who??? how long is the strand???? and what reality is real...................is the entire universe and time just levels of what we think is reality??? how far does it go.......(BUT, if hes not real and his theory is not real, then we are not real and here to read it....:eek: ;th)

No, we are not in a Matrix. I have tried to run up walls and did not end well, so i will not attempt to jump from one skyscraper to another. ;bg2

I kinda like the idea that scientists somewhere created a simulation to study the habits and behaviors of some extinct species, like dung beetles or mosquitoes. However the simulation was too realistic and spawned the human race alongside these insects being studied. The scientists don't want to interupt the experiment or make changes to the simulated environment so they just let the humans do what they want. So things like cities, world war and nuclear weapons are barely acknowledged footnotes in their scientific studies. I'm sure there's a short story idea there.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
So! We are all part of the One (God) who set up this simulated universe so we could experience what we call life. (I like to keep things simple.)
I like to think of it as God giving us a vacation from heaven. Maybe living in eternity gets boring after a while, so we choose to take on a roll in a physical avatar (body) and live a life with no memory of the other side. When we return to heaven, we are very glad to be back in a perfect world. We have the memories of our adventures and have made new friends.

Reactions: Paulm