Are we all Psychic?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
We all have the capability. For some it comes naturally, but for the average person (like me), it has to be studied then honed. I also believe under certain circumstances, these 'gifts' present themselves without effort. They may come to us in a dream or as intuition to protect or guide us.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
We all have the capability. For some it comes naturally, but for the average person (like me), it has to be studied then honed. I also believe under certain circumstances, these 'gifts' present themselves without effort. They may come to us in a dream or as intuition to protect or guide us.
i agree, everyone has the ability but as you grow its is buried beneath the programming and pressures of life.... abilities/gifts presenting themselves without effort is the key to success. like enlightenment in zen teachings, it comes when least expected, it cannot be forced, rushed, or actually learned. (in as much as the definition of "learning")... (hard to explain/express through written words)..... but a guide is just that, a guide. not a teacher in a sense, but someone who brings out what is within you by guiding you along a path to allow these abilities to surface. clearing the mind of all the nonsense of life is first and foremost....( if you think about it, clearing the mind is the first thing in a lot of practices.... but this is so often tossed aside by most.... meditation is forgotten or seen as a useless practice).. one of the best practices ive ever experienced was that of complete exhaustion.... long story... but that place had a spiritual feel to it that i have never experienced... mind blowing.... and life changing......... life gets in the way, not true "life" but this facade of what we think life should be..... this "life" is not real......(the biggest house, the coolest car, the most money, etc..)................ conquer the ego and start to understand....not easy.....lol..... well thats my short analysis... for what its worth.........( but of course you have to remember im just a starving, dirt floor poor, mediocre artist at best..... lol.....so take all that for what ever you can get out of it)

I think all human beings possess potential "super human" abilities, but I don't think it has anything to do with any bodily organ.

That is, all human beings except, perhaps, scientists. :)

I think all human beings possess potential "super human" abilities, but I don't think it has anything to do with any bodily organ.

That is, all human beings except, perhaps, scientists. :)
As usual Crux you go right to the heart of the issue and sum it up in terms, we can all grasp. As I started to read the article my brain just shut off and really couldn't finish it because they go at the idea from the wrong perspective. Scientists want to measure and record repeated results. In my opinion the idea of physic abilities comes from a non-local consciousness, not the brain, which I see as the receiver. We have to look at these types of questions from a spiritual perspective. Places like the Moody institute do just this. I don't think you can weight and mark a non-physical ability with traditional methods.

We have to look at these types of questions from a spiritual perspective.

I think so too.

As some people say, I am a spiritual person but not religious. I do think that the spirit does exist, and that "science" will never get anywhere with topics like this until they admit that is the case.

I think so too.

As some people say, I am a spiritual person but not religious. I do think that the spirit does exist, and that "science" will never get anywhere with topics like this until they admit that is the case.
Exactly

one interesting piece of this is the area they are focusing on is the area of the position of the "third eye" , awakening of the third eye is a must to further control or understand abilities, but when doing so the frontal lobes must be "shut down", so to speak, (meditation) to allow for the opening and receiving of the information to be passed through. a little spiritual mixed with a little physical.......mind, body, and soul... aligning them all is the trick.

I think we all have the ability but most disregard the signals because we largely live in a nanny state these days. Animals are much more in tune and I'm going to say the more simple the life form, the greater it's psychic senses. Rabbits, not known for their genius are masters of sensing danger, that's all they have besides the ability to run and dodge predators. I'm not saying aware people are simple, quite the opposite, we may be the only survivors in a bad situation.