Are these the nails?

It sure is thought provoking. To think they may be holding something that pierced Jesus. It certainly is an artifact from that time period which is amazing regardless if it was from someone else.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
Bear in mind that the church traded heavily in religious relics in the middle ages.- Enough for every priest to have a piece of the true cross.

Reactions: Benway
Not to creep you guys out too much but every altar in a Catholic church has a first class relic of a saint.
A first-class Relic would be a piece of bone or hair or other various body parts.
A second-class Relic would be something that they used in their daily life like a hairbrush clothes...
A third-class Relic is something that they blessed. I have a rosary that was blessed by Pope Paul the 6th. My uncle gave me it sometime long ago but he was eventually named a Saint.
The Pope, not my uncle.

Last edited:
It's worth reading the linked report, or at least skimming. They are nails found at Tel Aviv University which may be nails found then lost from what may or may not have been the tomb of the high priest from the gospels. So it's something of a longshot! It does seem they may be from that tomb though. Was it the tomb of Caiaphas? Did he get hold of nails from the crucifixion of Jesus somehow and have them buried with him for some reason? Well maybe. As ever, it's annoyingly impossible to know anything about anything connected to the Gospels! I do wish there really would be a huge lucky break just once!