Aquatic Humanoid in Lake Erie

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
That really sounds like a seal. Guessing is why a 'seal story' appeared multiple times during reading the article lol.

Reactions: crux
I thought of a seal too. They do that. They silently pop up with just the upper part of their head and big dark eyes showing and staring intently at you. It looks at first like a human until you realize what it is. It has startled me too here in the ocean. But, they're just curious.

Freshwater seals do exist but I don't know if any are in Lake Erie.

Reactions: Selectric
I thought of a seal too. They do that. They silently pop up with just the upper part of their head and big dark eyes showing and staring intently at you. It looks at first like a human until you realize what it is. It has startled me too here in the ocean. But, they're just curious.

Yeah, not sure either. But has been known for sharks to travel up through fresh water channels that link to ocean. Maybe a storm or something pushed one or more into the lake(s).

Exactly, I've experienced that before in California. For a couple of seconds I was sure there was a guy swimming next to me that I haven't noticed before. Just a friendly seal wondering who's this dufus swimming in the ocean in October.

Otter would be more likely than a seal.
Could be possible. Would think seal would appear more humanoid like than otter. But when surprised by something, your imagination fills in the blanks.

Could be possible. Would think seal would appear more humanoid like than otter. But when surprised by something, your imagination fills in the blanks.
I meant an otter would be more likely to be in Lake Erie than a seal.

Reactions: Selectric