News Anyone affected by Mercury Retrograde?

I haven't been fortunate enough to have that experience yet (thankfully!), but one day last week my wife tells me that my license renewal notice came in the mail. I won't have lived in this state for three years until November, so I thought it was awfully soon for my license to be expiring. Still, I was in the middle of something and went on about my business.

I remembered the conversation yesterday and checked the bill rack in the kitchen for my notice. There it was, and yes indeed, I was being summoned for a renewal. In Missouri, where my license would be expiring if I still held a license in that state, except I haven't since shortly after I moved here! You gotta love the efficiency of a bureaucracy!
In Arizona they do not send reminders to renew drivers licenses. I just happened to remember that it was going to be due today. Silly bureaucratic agencies.

I finally got mine renewed well after expiration date. Thank goodness we have up to a year to get it done after your birthday without having to take the test again, but do get fined if you get picked up. Worst part is it was still a Florida license. I've lived in both Minnesota and North Dakota since then and never took the time to transfer states. I got pulled over for a warning one time several years back, driving a vehicle with military base verification tags from one state, a Florida license, and was living in Minnesota. He let me go! To me that would stink of stolen vehicle lol

I finally got mine renewed well after expiration date. Thank goodness we have up to a year to get it done after your birthday without having to take the test again, but do get fined if you get picked up. Worst part is it was still a Florida license. I've lived in both Minnesota and North Dakota since then and never took the time to transfer states. I got pulled over for a warning one time several years back, driving a vehicle with military base verification tags from one state, a Florida license, and was living in Minnesota. He let me go! To me that would stink of stolen vehicle lol
It's that trustworthy face and air of goodness that got you off

Reactions: Mokey
It's that trustworthy face and air of goodness that got you off
Hmm, never been told I had a trustworthy face before, thanks! We actually just talked and laughed a lot. He was fun. AND THE BEST COP ever for letting me go with a verbal warning.

Thank you. Still chuckling over your traffic stop.
I am unfortunately not know for my good driving skills. Which is why my daughter's dad will be doing most of the on road experience before she gets her license.

Reactions: amused1
I thought perhaps I was going to escape this round with "only" the loss of one of my laptops. "Not so fast!", said Mercury Retro!

Over the weekend my old iPhone 3G, which I was using as a sometime iPod, went belly up on me. No great loss, but still not desirable. Then this morning I sat down at my work desktop and logged into my remote... or at least I tried to. I typed in my user name and password, but nothing happened. I changed the batteries in the keyboard, still nothing appeared on screen when I typed. It's a bluetooth keyboard, so I attempted to pair it with another PC. No luck, nothing else detects it, which means one dead keyboard. So, thanks for that, retro! I'm using an old corded keyboard on it for now, but my new bluetooth one should be here tomorrow.

I really hope that's the end of everything retro related!

Reactions: DoTell and 7Critter