Anti-Virus subscription renewal

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Ok, is anyone else bothered by this ? My anti-virus subscription needs to be renewed. I got an email to let me know. The software company wants x dollars to renew online. I can go to amazon dot com and buy a new package, same company, same level of protection for 1/3 x dollars. I wrote to them stating this, like I did last year. I hope that their answer is different.

Suggestions, discussion

Reactions: DoTell
Ok, is anyone else bothered by this ? My anti-virus subscription needs to be renewed. I got an email to let me know. The software company wants x dollars to renew online. I can go to amazon dot com and buy a new package, same company, same level of protection for 1/3 x dollars. I wrote to them stating this, like I did last year. I hope that their answer is different.

Suggestions, discussion
I would go with the lowest bidder, just like government contracting.

I exchanged a few tech support tickets with the company. (normal emails don't work) They told me that I could get the "promotional" price that Amazon was offering by calling an 800 number. I told them no thanks. It's much easier on Amazon, plus I don't have to worry about auto-renewal next year at this time at the full price of their product. I also told them that my loyalty should guarantee the lowest possible cost for their product.

go with the lowest bidder
That's what I did. I saved considerably.

Reactions: DoTell