Animal stories...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
IF YOU'VE EVER OWNED A PET, YOU KNOW THE CRAZY THINGS THEY CAN DO! EVEN WILDLIFE HAS IT'S STORIES OF STRANGE THINGS THAT HAPPEN WITH ANIMALS.

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CRAZY THINGS YOU SEEN A PET OR ANIMAL DO? WHAT FUN STORIES DO YOU HAVE?

118211471_3301248413300299_134466869635726782_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
For fifteen years, we had a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog. She bonded to me since I'm the one who picked her up at the breeders. She was a kind, loving dog who seemed to have an uncanny ability to sense our feelings and emotions. If either of us had a bad day at work, the dog seemed intent on cheering us up.

Mrs Duke always contended the dog had somehow picked up both my personality and sense of humor. She used to say, "She's smirking at me again, just like you do."
24cf686b4ff3e92d0860154a1c5d70a1.jpg

For fifteen years, we had a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog. She bonded to me since I'm the one who picked her up at the breeders. She was a kind, loving dog who seemed to have an uncanny ability to sense our feelings and emotions. If either of us had a bad day at work, the dog seemed intent on cheering us up.

Mrs Duke always contended the dog had somehow picked up both my personality and sense of humor. She used to say, "She's smirking at me again, just like you do."View attachment 26295
LOL OK, that is adorable.

I once dog-sat for my son, who owned a lab at the time. I had no idea Igor could smile. Not a clue. First night of him being with us, I look down and this dog is showing his teeth at me. At first I just stood there trying to figure out if he was gonna bite me, and then it hit me he was smiling at me! lol A quick panic call to my son confirmed he was doing that to get petted and treats. A little warning would have been GREAT!

I had a cat named Nallah, (from the Lion King.) A co-worker was moving out of state, and didn't like her (the poor thing had also been abandoned by my co-worker's mother) and now I was being persuaded to take her. It was about two years after my calico had died, so I reluctantly agreed to take Nallah. Turns out she was on the ditzy side; I loved her, but my God, the things she did.

We had a fireplace with an cast iron insert shaped like a cradle, for holding burning logs. There was a lot of space around it, inside the fireplace, and there was a fireplace screen of metal mesh that hung in front. This cat actually walked into the fireplace. Fortunately, she had plenty of room behind the insert, and she actually sniffed the embers, walked all the way around the insert, then came back out. My heart was in my throat until she came out. She didn't seem to know enough to fear fire. Another time I was doing a spiritual devotion and had placed candles on the floor. Nallah walked over and sniffed a candle, singing her whiskers.

When I was a teen, we had a dog named Sheeba. She would get angry when we left her at home and would go into the kitchen, knock down the sugar canister, eat some sugar, then throw up.

Not really a fun story but my blue whippet saved me from certain death from a huge Eastern brown snake.I was feeding my ferrets who were in hutches off the ground,as I poured water into a bowl I didn't notice the six foot reptile lying underneath.The water hit the snake and it struck at me,I jumped up on the hutches,kneeling and the snake headed up between the cages and between my legs.My life flashed before me and I just noticed a blue streak running at 40mph.Shady grabbed the snake at threw it into the fence and it escaped.She is scared of snakes but very bravely put my life before hers.With the hospital over an hour away I probably wouldn't have made it.This is why she spends a lot of time here inside now.No money could buy her off me.Pic of her with her young friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Mrs Duke always contended the dog had somehow picked up both my personality and sense of humor. She used to say, "She's smirking at me again, just like you do."View attachment 26295
A beauty ! She has the eyes of an Angel.

Not really a fun story but my blue whippet saved me from certain death from a huge Eastern brown snake.I was feeding my ferrets who were in hutches off the ground,as I poured water into a bowl I didn't notice the six foot reptile lying underneath.The water hit the snake and it struck at me,I jumped up on the hutches,kneeling and the snake headed up between the cages and between my legs.My life flashed before me and I just noticed a blue streak running at 40mph.Shady grabbed the snake at threw it into the fence and it escaped.She is scared of snakes but very bravely put my life before hers.With the hospital over an hour away I probably wouldn't have made it.This is why she spends a lot of time here inside now.No money could buy her off me.Pic of her with her young friend.
All animals are wonderful and most will respond to love and become a pet, but dogs are a true gift to man. They give of themselves like no other. I love cats too but a cat might trip you into oncoming traffic if the mood struck. A dog would jump in front of the car. That is a great testament to their selfless love.

My dog Lola is a Pomeranian and very smart. One day she had my good shoe and wouldn’t come to me. Instead of chasing her around, I offered her her favorite snack. She gladly gave up the shoe. Now she will find and drag out every shoe within reach and drop it at our feet to exchange for a goodie. If we ignore her she starts throwing them at us. It’s funny till you can’t find the right or left mate lol, or you trip over an unexpected one left in the path.

My dog Lola is a Pomeranian and very smart. One day she had my good shoe and wouldn’t come to me. Instead of chasing her around, I offered her her favorite snack. She gladly gave up the shoe. Now she will find and drag out every shoe within reach and drop it at our feet to exchange for a goodie. If we ignore her she starts throwing them at us. It’s funny till you can’t find the right or left mate lol, or you trip over an unexpected one left in the path.
B8CE0A9B-4C3E-44FF-B72C-A8AE3A302926.jpeg

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity