And this is....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

This video was taken at Emerald Isle Beach. What do you think it is?

This video was taken at Emerald Isle Beach. What do you think it is?

I can't get it to open, but is this the video of orange/red orbs in North Carolina from three/four years ago?

I was able to play it. Appears to be three - plus a fourth - red or orange lights moving slowly in uniform triangular pattern.

However, going forward, I think we have to think even more critically about what can make this kind of imagery. I’m specifically concerned about hoaxsters purposely using lit drones to generate fake news.

Reactions: Charleh and Debi
I was able to play it. Appears to be three - plus a fourth - red or orange lights moving slowly in uniform triangular pattern.

However, going forward, I think we have to think even more critically about what can make this kind of imagery. I’m specifically concerned about hoaxsters purposely using lit drones to generate fake news.
I agree with the drone part of it. Which is why I'm trying to be very careful with posting some of these things lately. Some are obvious fakes, but trying to determine what is and isn't when I review tons of these a week is difficult.

Peter Davenport has been reporting about these colored lights he's having reported, so I thought I'd put this one out there to see what you guys think.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I agree with the drone part of it. Which is why I'm trying to be very careful with posting some of these things lately. Some are obvious fakes, but trying to determine what is and isn't when I review tons of these a week is difficult.

Peter Davenport has been reporting about these colored lights he's having reported, so I thought I'd put this one out there to see what you guys think.

I think this technology - specifically drones as an example - might have just made our task of identifying the paranormal harder instead of easier.

Reactions: Debi
I think this technology - specifically drones as an example - might have just made our task of identifying the paranormal harder instead of easier.

Many of the hobbiest drones, especially the quad-copters, use electric motors that are almost silent. Those I've seen emitted just a very soft whirring sound, and were audibly discernable only when they were very close. Add a couple lightweight LED lights to a quiet craft like that and you've got an instant UFO.

Reactions: Charleh and Debi
Many of the hobbiest drones, especially the quad-copters, use electric motors that are almost silent. Those I've seen emitted just a very soft whirring sound, and were audibly discernable only when they were very close. Add a couple lightweight LED lights to a quiet craft like that and you've got an instant UFO.
And you can easily rig a drone with high intensity Cree LEDs since they’re becoming very popular for being ridiculously bright.

And you can easily rig a drone with high intensity Cree LEDs since they’re becoming very popular for being ridiculously bright.

I bought one of these for my four year old granddaughter a few months back. My first thought after seeing it sequence through all its colors was how cool it would be to mount a couple on a sky lantern or quad-copter. If done right, it would be spectacular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleh

I bought one of these for my four year old granddaughter a few months back. My first thought after seeing it sequence through all its colors was how cool it would be to mount a couple on a sky lantern or quad-copter. If done right, it would be spectacular.
Then you outta rig the drone with a digital vape mod with a dripper atomizer (basically a tiny fog machine) to make it a really triply light show!

Though I don’t own a drone, I was thinking the same thing Duke...the sound of silence.