And then you see....

Hmmm....Ok it involved going to another university for a weekend of partying with a friend whose brother was in a fraternity there. In those days I drank tequila, lots of it. We started drinking early and by the time of the party that evening I was really drunk.

The last thing I remember was looking for the bathroom. The next thing I knew I was waking up in a state of undress in bed with a very large girl who was just lying there grinning at me. (Penthouse bit.) She then said something about breakfast, so we went down stairs where she introduced me to her parents just as they were tucking into a huge stack of pancakes. Her dad was a philosophy professor at the university, both of them were also quite large. The four of us sat at the breakfast table, eating and chatting like I was an old family friend. They seemed fine with the fact I spent the night with their daughter in their home.

She drove me back to the frat house, giving me a little kiss on the cheek as I got out of the car. When I walked in, my buddy and his brother were seriously considering calling the police to report me as missing.
Well, I've done all the parts of that, but not all at once! That must have been... interesting.

For me, the scariest thing I've ever woken up to and hopefully ever will is:
Waking up with my (then) girlfriend kneeling on my chest with her hands round my throat strangling me.
Really. I was ill at the time and barely managed to fight her off. Just sheer strength through desperation. She didn't even deny trying to kill me! Turns out she was psychotic and had... episodes. There was no lead up to it. It just came out of nowhere. I hope none of you ever have an awakening (in two senses) as bad as that.

On a lighter note, the weirdest places I ever woke up after a night out were

Another county

On top of a newspaper stand in Cathedral Square Peterborough on Saturday morning with passersby looking at me oddly

Probably the phone call from my neighbor informing me that a pack of dogs was attacking my animals. It was early morning. A half fed German Shepard and her half grown pups were throwing chickens and rabbits all over the yard in a blood frenzy. I held them off with a shovel for a while. I had to make the heart reaching decision to run for the phone to get help. (Crappy neighbor ). This was before cell phones. The attack continued when I left. I lost about 30 chickens and a dozen rabbits. Worst morning ever.
Oh, that is terrible! It makes my heart ache to think of those poor animals. Hubby told me once about walking his dog and a bigger dog attacked it ruthlessly. The neighbor who owned the attacking dog must have been related to your crappy neighbors, lol.

Reactions: Lynne
Probably the phone call from my neighbor informing me that a pack of dogs was attacking my animals. It was early morning. A half fed German Shepard and her half grown pups were throwing chickens and rabbits all over the yard in a blood frenzy. I held them off with a shovel for a while. I had to make the heart reaching decision to run for the phone to get help. (Crappy neighbor ). This was before cell phones. The attack continued when I left. I lost about 30 chickens and a dozen rabbits. Worst morning ever.

Must have been devastating to you Lynne. Sorry that you had to make the awful choice to whack the pack yourself alone or leave to get help. I hope you weren’t physically injured in the attack.

After a hard day of basic training I woke up around midnight to use the latrine. I threw my blanket aside and it landed in a way where the folds and shadows created what I thought was a scorpion on my sheet.

Well, I've done all the parts of that, but not all at once! That must have been... interesting.

For me, the scariest thing I've ever woken up to and hopefully ever will is:
Waking up with my (then) girlfriend kneeling on my chest with her hands round my throat strangling me.
Really. I was ill at the time and barely managed to fight her off. Just sheer strength through desperation. She didn't even deny trying to kill me! Turns out she was psychotic and had... episodes. There was no lead up to it. It just came out of nowhere. I hope none of you ever have an awakening (in two senses) as bad as that.

On a lighter note, the weirdest places I ever woke up after a night out were

Another county

On top of a newspaper stand in Cathedral Square Peterborough on Saturday morning with passersby looking at me oddly
:trophy: You win the prize. No topping this lol. Now I want the story behind the aftermath of this event and how you ended up in another country. I think the good story is there :D

Reactions: Duke
Must have been devastating to you Lynne. Sorry that you had to make the awful choice to whack the pack yourself alone or leave to get help. I hope you weren’t physically injured in the attack.
No but looking back I’m surprised I wasn’t attacked. I was on auto pilot. Defending my pets was all I was thinking of. Somehow the mother dog felt intimidated enough not to come through me and the shovel. I will remember that day forever. It was awful. I actually felt bad for the condition of those dogs being hungry enough to break through my fence to do this. The county gave me a few bucks per body but it didn’t cover my loss. The dogs were remitted to the county pound. The family was allowed to keep one pup. I fear the mother was put down. This was all due to a poor family that didn’t have the ability to care for the family of dogs.

Reactions: Paintman
No but looking back I’m surprised I wasn’t attacked. I was on auto pilot. Defending my pets was all I was thinking of. Somehow the mother dog felt intimidated enough not to come through me and the shovel. I will remember that day forever. It was awful. I actually felt bad for the condition of those dogs being hungry enough to break through my fence to do this. The county gave me a few bucks per body but it didn’t cover my loss. The dogs were remitted to the county pound. The family was allowed to keep one pup. I fear the mother was put down. This was all due to a poor family that didn’t have the ability to care for the family of dogs.

Boy the details are far worse than your earlier short description let on. It clearly was a very startling event.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
Not as scary as Benways's story, but last night my cat was resting next to my pillow as usual, and I had read myself to drowsiness and put out the light. Just as I had drifted off to sleep, my cat decides, for no reason, to get up and walk across the top of my pillow, getting her claws tangled in my hair. I was severely startled, and yelled loudly, waking hubby. I thought I was being attacked by some evil spirit, LOL. She has never done this before, which was why it was so startling.