AI will replace humans

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Hawking: 'AI will eventually replace humans' - Unexplained Mysteries

The world-famous physicist has reiterated his concerns about artificial intelligence and the future of mankind.
Speaking recently in an interview with WIRED, Hawking, who was diagnosed with motor neurone disease when he was just 21, indicated that artificial intelligence will eventually advance to such an extent that it will become a "new form of life that will outperform humans".

It's a concern that he has expressed multiple times over the last few years.

"Artificial intelligence is now progressing rapidly," he said last year. "Recent landmarks such as self-driving cars, or a computer winning at the game of Go, are signs of what is to come."

"Enormous levels of investment are pouring into this technology. The achievements we have seen so far will surely pale against what the coming decades will bring."

Hawking also spoke about other threats to our survival, such as our overuse of the Earth's resources.

"I believe we have reached the point of no return," he said. "Our earth is becoming too small for us, global population is increasing at an alarming rate and we are in danger of self-destructing."

To this end, Hawking suggests establishing a new space programme with the colonization of space as its primary objective. Failure to do this, he argues, could have 'serious consequences' for mankind.

Source: Cambridge News

when the singularity hits I'm declaring open season

Reactions: Debi
I recommend BIG kill switches on all AI

I recommend BIG kill switches on all AI
There’s something called bypassing it. If we’re smart enough to hot wire a car then robots can bypass their own kill switches.

EMPs will work. And lucky for us you can find plans for them online

There’s something called bypassing it. If we’re smart enough to hot wire a car then robots can bypass their own kill switches.

EMPs will work. And lucky for us you can find plans for them online
Wow didn’t know that. Skynet for sure !