Aging Observations...

At 52, I still feel relatively good. I do however have little aches that "popup" outta no where. I am still quite active. Dont get me wrong, I'm not 23 anymore. My body tells me when its enough. If / when...I lost about 70 lbs, most of my issues should go away, Hypertension, aching feet and knees, Sleep apnea, etc. Only time will tell whats in store for my future being I smoked cigarettes and did drugs for many many years. Two weeks ago at Tishomingo, we hiked almost everyday, and I started feeling like my endurance was really beginning to coming back. Gotta keep that up. Being young isnt just your age, its a mental state of being....

At 52, I still feel relatively good. I do however have little aches that "popup" outta no where. I am still quite active. Dont get me wrong, I'm not 23 anymore. My body tells me when its enough. If / when...I lost about 70 lbs, most of my issues should go away, Hypertension, aching feet and knees, Sleep apnea, etc. Only time will tell whats in store for my future being I smoked cigarettes and did drugs for many many years. Two weeks ago at Tishomingo, we hiked almost everyday, and I started feeling like my endurance was really beginning to coming back. Gotta keep that up. Being young isnt just your age, its a mental state of being....
Yep, this is true. When I was working in the Juvenile Detention center, I had to stay in shape to be able to handle situations and back up my partners. I worked out daily and I did not feel my age. I have fallen off the workout wagon and it has caught up to me. Like you I have to get back at it. I can really feel and see the difference in my health.

Ok, another aging observation. In the past 3-4 years, my family doctor, accountant, lawyer, dentist, and mechanic have all retired. Yesterday my barber of 38 years told me he was hanging it up at the end of the year. I was shocked when told me he was 84 years old.

Went through a lot with that barber. Can't say much for his tastes in music or daytime TV, but he was always entertaining in an "Archie Bunker" sorta way. On a couple occasions he was gracious enough to give me after hours haircuts so I didn't have to go to a funeral or brief General Halftrack looking a bit too wooly. Anyway, looks like I have to find a new barber.

Ok, another aging observation. In the past 3-4 years, my family doctor, accountant, lawyer, dentist, and mechanic have all retired. Yesterday my barber of 38 years told me he was hanging it up at the end of the year. I was shocked when told me he was 84 years old.

Went through a lot with that barber. Can't say much for his tastes in music or daytime TV, but he was always entertaining in an "Archie Bunker" sorta way. On a couple occasions he was gracious enough to give me after hours haircuts so I didn't have to go to a funeral or brief General Halftrack looking a bit too wooly. Anyway, looks like I have to find a new barber.
My primary physician was "force" retired when they changed the format of the hospital three years ago. Boy, do I miss that man! Now it's all NP's under one doc in Family Medicine. I'm not doing well with all these changes in systems, dang it.