Debi's updates on son's cancer battle

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've had several of you ask if I'm OK since you have noticed me being more MIA than normal. I have shared with a few of you, but I now have permission to share with all of you.

About a month ago, my oldest son in Florida, Jason, was diagnosed with rectal cancer. This cancer is a rough one. Although his prognosis for survival is pretty good, it's impacted our family at a deep level. Thanks to the power and magic of the internet, I have been spending much of my time falling apart and putting myself back together on a frequent basis.

Jason has decided to make his journey public in the hopes he can reach out to others and also help anyone else going through this. You can follow his journey or share it with someone facing this beast called cancer on his YouTube Channel.

The two most recent videos will give you an overall update on what is going on. The PET scan video will give you an insight as to who my child is and his personality. The latest will give you an update on where we currently are in changes and treatments and his goals with these videos. In my opinion, he has the courage of a lion to face this publicly and make it his mission to try and help others as he travels this road.

I would ask your understanding if I suddenly fall off chat and disappear mid conversation, as his calls or messages are my priority right now. I want to thank the staff and mods for doing so much extra here while I fight this fight with him. To those of you already in the know, thank you for your support and prayers. For those of you now becoming aware of this battle, I ask for your prayers for my son.

Lastly, I know he will win this battle. I stand secure in that thought. If you have questions, please ask them. We are going to use humor and Light and Love to walk this path! Jason is known for his sense of humor, and he plans to use it. (The PET scan video is proof of that! His comments about his dad had us in stitches because he nailed it.) So...onward we go with life! Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
I've had several of you ask if I'm OK since you have noticed me being more MIA than normal. I have shared with a few of you, but I now have permission to share with all of you.

About a month ago, my oldest son in Florida, Jason, was diagnosed with rectal cancer. This cancer is a rough one. Although his prognosis for survival is pretty good, it's impacted our family at a deep level. Thanks to the power and magic of the internet, I have been spending much of my time being a main support person for him, and, quite frankly, falling apart and putting myself back together on a frequent basis.

Jason has decided to make his journey public in the hopes he can reach out to others and also help anyone else going through this. You can follow his journey or share it with someone facing this beast called cancer on his YouTube Channel.

The two most recent videos will give you an overall update on what is going on. The PET scan video will give you an insight as to who my child is and his personality. The latest will give you an update on where we currently are in changes and treatments and his goals with these videos. In my opinion, he has the courage of a lion to face this publicly and make it his mission to try and help others as he travels this road.

I would ask your understanding if I suddenly fall off chat and disappear mid conversation, as his calls or messages are my priority right now. I want to thank the staff and mods for doing so much extra here while I fight this fight with him. To those of you already in the know, thank you for your support and prayers. For those of you now becoming aware of this battle, I ask for your prayers for my son.

Lastly, I know he will win this battle. I stand secure in that thought. If you have questions, please ask them. We are going to use humor and Light and Love to walk this path! Jason is known for his sense of humor, and he plans to use it. (The PET scan video is proof of that! His comments about his dad had us in stitches because he nailed it.) So...onward we go with life! Thank you for reading.
Still praying! I subscribed to his channel.