A little Third Eye experiment

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Figured i'd put this one out there and see your responses. You know when you think of someone, a flash of their face appears in your mind? Have you ever tried thinking of a random name of someone you don't know...Does an unknown face flash? Could be your brain trying to pull a file it does not have to make up for it, or might be...

Reactions: RoseRed and Lynne
Figured i'd put this one out there and see your responses. You know when you think of someone, a flash of their face appears in your mind? Have you ever tried thinking of a random name of someone you don't know...Does an unknown face flash? Could be your brain trying to pull a file it does not have to make up for it, or might be...
Not quite the same as what you're describing, but I find myself mentally picturing people who I have only ever heard. For me this is most frequently associated with radio hosts/guests as I listen. When I take the time to look up a photo/video of the person I've heard, I've found my "mind's eye" image is more accurate for men than for women.

I haven’t really given this much thought. I guess some names may have an association that could give you an expected look. I will have to think about it next time it happens. I’m guessing you are wondering if people are picking up on the person psychically ? I’m guessing with some gifted people this does happen.

Not quite the same as what you're describing, but I find myself mentally picturing people who I have only ever heard. For me this is most frequently associated with radio hosts/guests as I listen. When I take the time to look up a photo/video of the person I've heard, I've found my "mind's eye" image is more accurate for men than for women.
I have had a few rare moments, in which I was listening to a speaker or talking on the phone with someone and had a sudden flash of seeing how they looked. Later, I found I had seen them correctly.

I have tried this experiment with people and always got mixed reactions. A few even got freaked when they thought of a random name they didn't know, and saw someone they did not recognize lol. Thought it'd be an interesting topic.

cool idea but i think the biggest flaw to this is there are millions of people with the same name, if i google my name there are over 3 million pages. i think this may be possible but only if you have made a connection, conversation, passed by etc.... with the person of interest

A couple of times I have awoken from a dream with a name in my head. Once when I was in the army that happened and the next morning at breakfast a new guy joined us at our table and his name was the one I had in my head the day before. Another time I dreamed about a guy name Joe Martin and there was a guy named Joe Martin that showed up the next day but I knew it was not the same guy I dreamed about. A few months later I was at a new duty station and there was the Joe Martin I had dreamed about.