A glitch or something else?

I totally believe there is something to the Mandella effect. Call me crazy but I think when something changes the timeline, not everything gets put right. I have experienced these things and going down the many lists of Mandella effect issues, I am a believer that our reality is changing if only in small ways.

Icedragon, I had a similar experience with a book of Christmas carols. My mother and I both play the piano and have had the same carol book for my entire life. Every single Christmas, out comes the carol book, one of us plays the carols, we all have a sing-song, away goes the book.

Last year, we both suddenly realised that one of the pictures in the book had mysteriously changed. The illustration accompanying the carol "Good King Wenceslas" was so imprinted on both of our memories that we were shocked to find that it now looked completely different.

My Dad, being Mr. Logic, said that couldn't possibly have happened but was puzzled because we were both saying the same thing. He made us both independently draw a rough sketch of the original image as we remembered it and we compared them. They were roughly the same. Mum and I both (without seeing the other's drawing) drew an image where the figure of the King was looking out of a leaded window on the right, and the servant was to the left trudging through the snow carrying a dead goose, with a forest behind him. The image that was now in the book, looks nothing like the image we both drew - the figures are in different places and there's no window...

We were both so affected by this strange turn of events that we haven't played any carols since... My Mum, in particular, doesn't even want to open the book. We're all at a loss as to what happened so I understand your frustration!
That sounds fantastic too. o_O The idea with the drawing wasn't a bad one. Unfortunately in our case it wouldn't help because we don't know exactly what. It was just, as I said, a chocolate dessert.

My father is also the completely rational type and his memory works very well, so we can't remember anything wrong.

I can understand that you've lost interest in it. Which is a real shame. Maybe it will be something after all, I hope so for you, since you had so much fun with it. :)

Reactions: garnetsilver
Welcome to the forum Dragon. I have had things happen like this as well. I am not a firm believer in glitches but i lean towards brain slippage. Whether that is your case i can't say for sure. There are many questions that arise and sadly a number of them will never have a definite answer.
I didn't really believe in it before either. Okay, I've seen some videos with "evidence". Whether it was actually real is another matter, but experiencing it yourself is strange. I can't really believe what happened myself. o_O

As far as I know, there are no known problems with my father's and my brain's functioning.

Yes, I think so, too. It's just a shame because I was so interested in the dessert. But there are other beautiful ones too. :)

I totally believe there is something to the Mandella effect. Call me crazy but I think when something changes the timeline, not everything gets put right. I have experienced these things and going down the many lists of Mandella effect issues, I am a believer that our reality is changing if only in small ways.
I think so too. But there are still questions about why the recipe is gone, why a recipe and when? o_O

This is just strange and so insignificant. I could understand that for more important things, but THAT? o_O

I didn't really believe in it before either. Okay, I've seen some videos with "evidence". Whether it was actually real is another matter, but experiencing it yourself is strange. I can't really believe what happened myself. o_O

As far as I know, there are no known problems with my father's and my brain's functioning.

Yes, I think so, too. It's just a shame because I was so interested in the dessert. But there are other beautiful ones too. :)
I posted about my experience in this thread. Brain Slippage? So many strange things happen. Obviously some have legit explanations, but in the realms of the paranormal, not so much lol.

I think so too. But there are still questions about why the recipe is gone, why a recipe and when? o_O

This is just strange and so insignificant. I could understand that for more important things, but THAT? o_O
It’s the little things that get missed when there is a glitch.