A glitch or something else?

Icedragon3000

Reaction score
Hi

My father and I had a very strange experience yesterday. It’s about a calendar that he had in his study. There were different recipes there. Since it was from last year, 2023, he wanted to give it to me today because I was very interested in one of the recipes. Curious, I leafed through the months, only to no longer be able to find the recipe, which I barely remember but must have been a chocolate dessert or a mushroom/pepper meal. So, surprised, I showed my father the calendar and explained to him that the recipe was no longer there. After flipping through it several times, he was just as surprised. There was nothing in the calendar that would pique my interest. There was a dessert, but it was with strawberries and I was hardly interested in it. Besides, we couldn’t have confused it with the dessert we were looking for. Since my father likes strawberries and it was something he didn’t like, chocolate, which I really like and wanted to prepare it. We can rule out that pages are missing and that it wasn’t another calendar. He was also sure because he said that my mother and I can eat it alone because it was something he didn’t like. He can also remember seeing it. Unfortunately, he doesn’t remember exactly what, whether it was a dessert or a meal, but he knows exactly that the recipe was there! We even looked at the older calendars from 2022 and 2021, but they didn’t even have recipes. We’ve been pondering for a few hours now, wondering what could have happened.

Hi and welcome to the forum. All I can say is many times strange things happen with no explanation. Theories may abound, but a verifiable answer may never be found.

There are theories out there of time line changes, and the Mandela Effect. Wish I could be of more help, but you have to rule out the mundane before anything can be considered paranormal, and in this case it may be very difficult to do that. Welcome to the world of "strange things happen"!

Three thoughts on your experience:

1) The most probably explanation is you saw the recipe in some other source, but incorrectly attributed it to the recipe calendar. I once spent weeks looking for a story I'd read in a particular magazine, only to find the story had been published in a different, but similar, magazine. Right story, wrong source.

2) The calendar should have the name of its manufacturer on it somewhere. Even if there is no email address/website for the manufacturer on the calendar, you should be able to find it online. Assuming you remember the name of the dish prepared from the recipe, you could write (include calendar's model/product number in the correspondence) them and ask if that recipe appeared in one of their calendars.

3) If you remember the name of recipe, you ought be able find to that recipe (or a suitable substitute) on line. Doesn't solve the mystery, but it would at least give you the recipe.

image-falling-numbers-vector-background.jpg

Icedragon, I had a similar experience with a book of Christmas carols. My mother and I both play the piano and have had the same carol book for my entire life. Every single Christmas, out comes the carol book, one of us plays the carols, we all have a sing-song, away goes the book.

Last year, we both suddenly realised that one of the pictures in the book had mysteriously changed. The illustration accompanying the carol "Good King Wenceslas" was so imprinted on both of our memories that we were shocked to find that it now looked completely different.

My Dad, being Mr. Logic, said that couldn't possibly have happened but was puzzled because we were both saying the same thing. He made us both independently draw a rough sketch of the original image as we remembered it and we compared them. They were roughly the same. Mum and I both (without seeing the other's drawing) drew an image where the figure of the King was looking out of a leaded window on the right, and the servant was to the left trudging through the snow carrying a dead goose, with a forest behind him. The image that was now in the book, looks nothing like the image we both drew - the figures are in different places and there's no window...

We were both so affected by this strange turn of events that we haven't played any carols since... My Mum, in particular, doesn't even want to open the book. We're all at a loss as to what happened so I understand your frustration!

Hi

My father and I had a very strange experience yesterday. It’s about a calendar that he had in his study. There were different recipes there. Since it was from last year, 2023, he wanted to give it to me today because I was very interested in one of the recipes. Curious, I leafed through the months, only to no longer be able to find the recipe, which I barely remember but must have been a chocolate dessert or a mushroom/pepper meal. So, surprised, I showed my father the calendar and explained to him that the recipe was no longer there. After flipping through it several times, he was just as surprised. There was nothing in the calendar that would pique my interest. There was a dessert, but it was with strawberries and I was hardly interested in it. Besides, we couldn’t have confused it with the dessert we were looking for. Since my father likes strawberries and it was something he didn’t like, chocolate, which I really like and wanted to prepare it. We can rule out that pages are missing and that it wasn’t another calendar. He was also sure because he said that my mother and I can eat it alone because it was something he didn’t like. He can also remember seeing it. Unfortunately, he doesn’t remember exactly what, whether it was a dessert or a meal, but he knows exactly that the recipe was there! We even looked at the older calendars from 2022 and 2021, but they didn’t even have recipes. We’ve been pondering for a few hours now, wondering what could have happened.
Welcome to the forum Dragon. I have had things happen like this as well. I am not a firm believer in glitches but i lean towards brain slippage. Whether that is your case i can't say for sure. There are many questions that arise and sadly a number of them will never have a definite answer.