A Dogman of a Different KInd

Benway

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This could really be posted in various sub-forums as Nick Redfern posted it to illustrate the interconnectedness of various paranormal phenomena usually thought of as being separate. It's also a ripping good story!

More On The UFO-Paranormal Issue | Mysterious Universe

While hiking in the California hills one Sunday morning, Pauline encountered a classic, silver-colored flying saucer-style UFO which, at first, at least, was high in the sky. Suddenly, it dropped to around fifty or sixty above her, hanging there in an odd, wobbling fashion. Amazed, Pauline could only stare as the silent craft bobbed around and then shot away at high speed. Pauline raced home and excitedly told her family of what had just taken place. They, apparently, weren’t the only ones who knew what had occurred on the fateful morning in 1973. Three days later, and after sunset, Pauline had a visitor. Not a welcome one, I should stress. It was a Man in Black, a skinny – almost emaciated – old man, dressed in a shabby black suit, looking pale and ill, and wearing an old, 1950s-style fedora hat.

Pauline said that she felt her mind was briefly enslaved, as the MIB near-hypnotically asked her to invite him into her home. In a slight daze, and to her eternal cost, she did exactly that. She retreated to the couch, stumbling slightly and feeling ice-cold. The old man followed her, and stood in the living-room, looming over her, as he warned her – in no uncertain terms – never to discuss her close encounter again. Ever. The MIB then turned around and headed to the door. At that exact same moment, Pauline felt her mental faculties return to normal and she raced after him, just as he exited the door and closed it behind him. Pauline threw the door open wide, only to find the old Man in Black gone. In his place, however, was something else: it was a large, black dog with bright red eyes. It snapped and snarled in Pauline’s direction and in what was clearly a deeply malevolent, dangerous fashion.

She stared in horror as the glowing-eyed monster prowled around the front yard, clearly intent on adding to the malevolent atmosphere that was already firmly in place. Suddenly, and as if out of nowhere, a large, black Cadillac – that looked decades-old in design – appeared and screeched to a halt outside of Pauline’s home. It should be noted, here, that the MIB almost always drive such cars of that particular type, age and color. Pauline watched, shocked and scared, as the back door on the driver’s-side opened and the fiendish black hound bounded across the front yard and leapt into the back of the Cadillac, which shot away at high speed!

More at the site and also some really good comments. I have trouble reading the comments there, so if anyone else can't get them to display say so and I'll post the good bits here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
The paranormal community seems to be split on the topic of a universal source connecting it all together re: all paranormal events. Nick is one who is a proponant of it and does a good job of presenting his side.

Reactions: Charleh and Lynne
I think this was a good account. I think these beings whatever they are can either morph into creatures or makes us think we see these things. In the story the lady admits to some mind control. I think there is many diff things going on. Our attempt to put the pieces together is not working because there’s more than one puzzle picture.

Reactions: Charleh
I think this was a good account. I think these beings whatever they are can either morph into creatures or makes us think we see these things. In the story the lady admits to some mind control. I think there is many diff things going on. Our attempt to put the pieces together is not working because there’s more than one puzzle picture.
I don’t see why not. Interdimensional brings may not have a tangible form to begin with so they morph into whatever makes sense for the time. Except for skin walkers. Those are something totally different.

I don’t see why not. Interdimensional brings may not have a tangible form to begin with so they morph into whatever makes sense for the time. Except for skin walkers. Those are something totally different.
Yes I agree with you. What I meant is that there seems to be two trains of thought on UFO and Bigfoot/dogman activities. One is that they are connected and interdimensional and one is they’re just flesh and blood creatures. I think both may be going on. If these beings can morph they can look like anything they want. Then there’s the the other idea that you only think you see it because of mind control. Could be all three, who knows.

Yes I agree with you. What I meant is that there seems to be two trains of thought on UFO and Bigfoot/dogman activities. One is that they are connected and interdimensional and one is they’re just flesh and blood creatures. I think both may be going on. If these beings can morph they can look like anything they want. Then there’s the the other idea that you only think you see it because of mind control. Could be all three, who knows.
Honestly when I hear about aliens I think of this.
EAB5B6FA-D2E4-415B-AF3C-6B0A72472EBB.jpeg

Honestly when I hear about aliens I think of this. View attachment 13137
Yep it’s probablly all the same beings but regardless what they are called i believe they exist. The evil ones are just that evil. I have a Christian perspective on these things however whatever someone calls them doesn’t change they’re character.