9-27-2021 Monday Live Chat

finally broke down and did a project ive been wanting to try for a while, seems like the right season now so i built a "vampire hunters kit" ...lol... not quite finished with the accessories and fine details (leather straps in the lid, setting the glass in the mirror, and other minor stuff ) but its close to being complete. just have to top it off with some garlic cloves, holy water and a few herbs and salts....

View attachment 35160

View attachment 35161
This is great!

My daughter was just telling me that she wanted a chest or footlocker for her room. This has inspired me to try making one myself.

How big is this chest and what kind of wood did you use?

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
back for a minute, had a phone call... something about my extended warranty...lol

Reactions: garnetsilver
This is great!

My daughter was just telling me that she wanted a chest or footlocker for her room. This has inspired me to try making one myself.

How big is this chest and what kind of wood did you use?
actually i used just regular 1 by 7's for the top and bottom. and ply wood for the dividers and as an inlay on the bottom and inside the top. the sides i ripped a 1 by 12 down to about 7 inches, the hardware is from home depot. wasnt going for any hardwoods or anything just for myself.... the stakes are 12 inches so its roughly 15 inches deep by 22 inches wide by 10 inches high or so...

242708458_10223178708113503_7377799379881152011_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
actually i used just regular 1 by 7's for the top and bottom. and ply wood for the dividers and as an inlay on the bottom and inside the top. the sides i ripped a 1 by 12 down to about 7 inches, the hardware is from home depot. wasnt going for any hardwoods or anything just for myself.... the stakes are 12 inches so its roughly 15 inches deep by 22 inches wide by 10 inches high or so...
Thanks!

Good evening, all! I see there's men talkin' box building. We cover it all from recipes to vampire boxes!