9-19-2021 Sunday Live Chat

I am trying to come up with a plan to make cat toys that can be filled with something safe so that when they get ripped open (and they will!) I won't have to worry about my cats eating cotton or something toxic. We had this toy mouse that the cats ripped apart and scattered cotton all down the staircase. I sewed it back up and they of course did it again.

Anyone have any ideas for a filling that would be safe and easy to clean up?
Uncooked rice or flax seed. Used it all the time as filler for items I made. Easy to suck up with a vacuum if they rip it open. Rice is really cheap to use and safe.

Uncooked rice or flax seed. Used it all the time as filler for items I made. Easy to suck up with a vacuum if they rip it open. Rice is really cheap to use and safe.
Great idea.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi everyone! Lazy Sunday for us. Opting for take-n-bake pizza tonight, nobody wants to cook.

Sliced up our first bag of okra for the freezer. Pod production is kicking into high gear as we slide toward the end of the season, coming up fast. I almost didn't put any in this year but glad I did.

Rain and a cold front to start the week, temps dropping into the low 70s. The sun was swallowed by an all-sky cloud deck a few hours ago and it's been breezy.

The first breath of fall is in the air, my favorite time of year is beginning. This is when hidden doors become known, paths open, barriers become permeable. Mother Nature prepares vast regions for winter sleep, mesmerized by the dance of her minions.

Speaking of minions, I have to run to the store.
I await that first "autumn" breath. You can actually feel the change of seasons when that happens! Looks like it may be coming our way this week sometime. I'll know when I stick my head out the door and sniff.

Great idea.
"Back in the day" I was quite crafty and I raised herbs. I sold them at fairs and made my share of eye pillows filled with lavender and rice or flax seed, depending on the weight I wanted it to have. Also did a few cat toys with rice and a small "pocket" to add catnip if you wanted to. Once you add that catnip in, you can figure that toy will be destroyed!

Tonight is Knapp Night on Coast. About the only time it's even close to what it was in it's original form.
Sep 19
Air Force UFO Cases / Sky Monsters

First Half: Two US airmen, Mario Woods and Jeff Goodrich, join George Knapp to share the UFO experiences they had while in the Air Force and afterward, and how their lives were affected forever.
Second Half: Infamous sky monsters like the Thunderbird, the Jersey Devil, and Mothman have haunted our imaginations for centuries. Author and cryptic researcher T.S. Mart introduces 20 flying cryptids in the United States, and will discuss our fascination with them.

Reactions: garnetsilver
It’s was a long and busy day. However I did find a stable after visiting places from driving over two counties lol. At least I won’t have to do winter chores. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

It’s was a long and busy day. However I did find a stable after visiting places from driving over two counties lol. At least I won’t have to do winter chores. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
So glad you found one, Lynne. I know this has been a long search for you.

So glad you found one, Lynne. I know this has been a long search for you.
I went grocery shopping before I went and that wore me out. Sunday is NOT a good day for shopping. I was in line 45 min. I was gone the entire day. I’m about to pass out. Lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 7Critter