9-14-2021 Tuesday Live Chat

Who remembers these??? Root beer flavor...delightful!

View attachment 34903
A few months ago I was talking with friends about drinks we had as kids....Fizzies, Koolaid, Tang, etc. I remembered a drink similar to Fizzies, except instead of tablets, it was a powder in a sealed paper straw. You'd tear off one end, pour the powder into water, then use the straw to stir the mixture after it quit fizzing. It came in various flavors and was sold in a bag of maybe ten straws. Anyone here remember that?

A few months ago I was talking with friends about drinks we had as kids....Fizzies, Koolaid, Tang, etc. I remembered a drink similar to Fizzies, except instead of tablets, it was a powder in a sealed paper straw. You'd tear off one end, pour the powder into water, then use the straw to stir the mixture after it quit fizzing. It came in various flavors and was sold in a bag of maybe ten straws. Anyone here remember that?
Pixy sticks? That was a candy but sounds similar.

Reactions: garnetsilver
index.jpg

Pixy sticks? That was a candy but sounds similar.
Similar concept, but Pixy sticks were made to pour the flavored sugar directly into the mouth. My friends also mentioned Pixy sticks, but they're different than what I remembered. What I had was to be poured into water.

Reactions: Debi
Similar concept, but Pixy sticks were made to pour the flavored sugar directly into the mouth. My friends also mentioned Pixy sticks, but they're different than what I remembered. What I had was to be poured into water.
d3360cf4d4526507a597d0c43e6a34bd--vintage-food-retro-vintage.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
One rather weird invention came out in the late sixties; Shake a Pudding. You added milk to this container, snapped the lid on, shook until it thickened into pudding. I must say that the flavor was nothing to write home about, lol.

Reactions: Lynne