8-30-2021 Monday Live Chat Portal

Hiya !
Hi ho, hi ho ........
239437979_689102602010151_3032603428062288870_n.jpg
IMG_4743.jpeg

Good morning all, welcome to the last week of the "summer" season.

I hope all of our friends in the path of Ida are hunkered-down and safely riding it out. Our prayers are with you! I also remembered an old friend in Biloxi whom I haven't heard from in years, need to check on him soon.

I have a ton of work to do this week, the regular end-of-month rush to get product invoiced and just a big load anyway.
We closed on a refi last Friday so I spent most of the weekend decompressing after the stress of the prior two weeks. You think you are organized until you need to dig-out the most obscure documents, lol. I did go through some paranormal gear that hasn't been absorbed into the regular gear cases yet, and removed a couple of items that I realized just don't get used hardly ever. Which leads me to...

Paranormal gear.

When we first started, I went a bit nuts buying everything I could identify from the various TV shows. It wasn't until we had some experience under our belts that we realized what gets used, and what doesn't. As a result we have a lot of stuff that, while it works, isn't ever our first choice on investigations. We now regularly rotate-out items that don't get used over the course of a year or so, and have done this enough to have established "favorites" amongst the gear.
We also have more duplicates of some items than are ever needed. For example, we have ten full night-vision camcorders, yet have never had to break-out more than six of them on an investigation, and two of those were static cams. Same with EVP recorders and EMF detectors. But they do come in handy on those nights when the entire club shows up (very rarely lol) since most of them don't have any equipment at all. Items not used after 2 years will usually be given away or sold to other folks in the larger club we belong to.

At last count, we had 17 hard cases, 2 buckets, 2 ammo cans for batteries and a huge tripod bag full of equipment for investigations (plus a field trauma kit for medical emergencies). We could quite literally start our own show immediately, from an equipment standpoint.

All we need is a Hollywood budget and some actual on-screen talent, LOL!

BTW, Gone West Utah now has a modest FB presence (LINK), if anyone is interested.

Happy Monday!

Last edited:
Morning. Ida has been downgraded to Tropical Storm status with sustained winds of 45 MPH while it slowly tracks northward. No power loss here as of this writing, but the lights have flickered more than once in the past two hours. Currently, there’s light rain and the wind blowing at 20 MPH with higher gusts. I have a few tree limbs that have fallen and some smaller branches have hit the roof. It’s going to be a long day.