8-1-2021 Sunday Live Chat

186508000_4151486044872866_6080810895598827954_n.jpg
Here is a cool American Civil War story about a child soldier who grew up to be a brigadier general.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi everyone, it's been a packed, non-stop weekend. Will fill you in later. Two investigations, one at a recent Ghost Advenures episode venue.

OMGAWD I just saw the coolest movie. MONSTER HUNTER Milla Jovovitch. I mean if you like a hot girl battling monsters for an hour and a half.....

Hell, I'd watch Milla Jovovitch vacuum all day long while I breathed through my slack-jawed mouth.

Reactions: jadamz and Lynne
Some of these are a little too generic for me to pick out. Like the tuxedo, it could be a reference to a few dozen different movies.

So far I can identify:

The Shining
Back to the Future 2
Harry Potter
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Pirates of the Caribbean
Iron Man
Jumanji
Saw
Enter the Dragon
Star Wars
It
Beauty and the Beast
The Fifth Element
Arrival
Titanic
Inception

Reactions: Lynne
Happy Minden Day.

The Battle of Minden - was fought today in 1759. It is one of the premier battle honours of the British Army.

View attachment 34043

During the confusion of battle, six Battalions of British infantry, and two Hanoverian Battalions, advanced against the entire French cavalry and drove the army, of 44,000 men, off the battlefield. The most senior of those Battalions was the 12th Regiment of Foot - later to be known as the Suffolk Regiment and known today as the Royal Anglian Regiment.

The Commander of the French army, Marshal of France Marquis de Contades, said following the Battle of Minden, 'I have seen what I never thought to be possible - a single line of infantry break through three lines of cavalry, ranked in order of battle, and tumble them to ruin!'.

For all that currently serve, or those who have - Stabilis!

View attachment 34044
Loved this Titch. I was unaware of this battle. It was a military marvel for sure.

Some of these are a little too generic for me to pick out. Like the tuxedo, it could be a reference to a few dozen different movies.

So far I can identify:

The Shining
Back to the Future 2
Harry Potter
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Pirates of the Caribbean
Iron Man
Jumanji
Saw
Enter the Dragon
Star Wars
It
Beauty and the Beast
The Fifth Element
Arrival
Titanic
Inception
Wow you are good !

Reactions: Stevedog
Hi Jad. How’s things over there? Jad mom doing ok?