7-29-2020 Wednesday Live Chat Thread

Update on Indiana..we're staying on pause for at least another month. Too many cases, too many people not following the rules for safety.

So far, a very frustrating day. I had finally changed my automatic bill payment withdrawals from my old credit union in FL to the one up here. I must have forgotten one bill and it hit my old checking account, causing an overdraft. Fortunately I still had access to Mr. Garnet's line of credit for overdraft protection, but now I have to pay that back. And the credit union up here is still in the dark ages, in that I can't simply transfer the funds back into the old bank account. I don't do well with phone calls, especially when the automated voice keeps harping on COVID and using it for an excuse to make you sit on hold. So when I finally got it straightened out I looked like this: :mad: :eek::disrelieved:

What pisses me off are the stores with the arrows on the floor and "mask required" signs that do nothing to enforce either. I asked the manager of a store last week about it, and his response was, "We treat these as suggestions, we are not police officers or public health officials. I can make sure my employers wear masks and follow the floor plan, but that's about it."
I only go to the grocery every 10 days or so. I am pleased that almost 100 percent of employees and patrons are following the rules in my area. This wasn't the case early on. I am encouraged that most are making an effort to stymie this virus.

I only go to the grocery every 10 days or so. I am pleased that almost 100 percent of employees and patrons are following the rules in my area. This wasn't the case early on. I am encouraged that most are making an effort to stymie this virus.

The store I mentioned previously was a super Kroger's, the first time since March I'd gone into a large store. I went only because they were heavily promoting their decision to require masks in the local media. I got suspicious when I walked in and there was no greeter checking for masks despite the prominent sign on the door.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Group Intention/Prayer in 20 minutes!!

Reactions: 7Critter