Technology 620 miles per charge?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Elon Musk Says Tesla Cars Will Reach 620 Miles On A Single Charge “Within A Year Or Two,” Be Fully Autonomous In “Three Years”

Tesla CEO Elon Musk sat down with a Dutch TV show last week and had some interesting predictions to share.

Asked, for example, when he thought the company could produce a car that can “break 1,000 kilometers” (or 620 miles) on a single charge, he said his guess would be “within a year or two,” adding, “2017 for sure.”

As readers might recall, a new record was established last month by one enthusiastic Model S owner, who drove a painful 24-miles-per hour to make it a stunning 452.8 miles on a single charge. (The car is advertised as having a 265-mile range.)

Musk didn’t elaborate on whether someone would need to drive just as slowly to reach 620 miles in 2017. We’d guess that’s not what he had in mind, though.

Musk also said that self-driving Tesla cars are around the corner.

More at site.

If they ever reach that goal, perhaps it will be time to give some serious thought to buying a Tesla. Oh, wait, they cost over 100k. Never mind....

So are they getting better mileage thru better battery, better motor design, better driving techniques. ? I am glad for the research. I would also like to see some real world, typical driving mileage numbers. 620 miles in a research facility should translate into easily enough for a commuter to get back and forth to work for a week or maybe a 200 mile single trip.
Oh, wait, they cost over 100k
$100K here, $100K there; pretty soon we're talking real money. Ha, I'm with you Debi. I won't be buying one in the near future.

So are they getting better mileage thru better battery, better motor design, better driving techniques. ? I am glad for the research. I would also like to see some real world, typical driving mileage numbers. 620 miles in a research facility should translate into easily enough for a commuter to get back and forth to work for a week or maybe a 200 mile single trip.

$100K here, $100K there; pretty soon we're talking real money. Ha, I'm with you Debi. I won't be buying one in the near future.
$132K First drive: Tesla Model X is an awesome way to spend $132,000