5-9-2019 Thursday Live Chat portal

This recording is not the best. It keeps dropping out. .

They looked like they came from the Costa Rican rain forest!
Photo#54312
OL7ZCLMZ1LIZWLFLTZFLTZ8RQHSZDLGRBLSZHH8RDL6RHH2RSHERYZMRKHMRJZYLOZ0ROZMRDZQR.jpg

Copyright © 2006 drof65

Large Beetle - Dynastes tityus -
female.gif

Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia, USA
June 30, 2004
tag · login or register to post comments
Contributed by drof65 on 28 May, 2006 - 8:09am
Last updated 12 May, 2009 - 4:14pm

Debidolittle, 11 July, 2014 - 12:13am

Dynastes tityus....Large Beetle
I live in the mountains of NC and while sitting at the computer tonight I had a huge bug come flying by me, I thought it was a humingbird at first, but it was the largest beetle I have ever seen in my life! The thing kept flying towards me once hitting me in the neck! I screamed, woke my husband who caught the bug so I could identify it...hope I can sleep lol, it measures a little over 2"s long X 1". Is it unusual to see these in our area?

Reactions: TonyM
The constant with dogmen accounts is the extreme fear they cause. People get the feeling they are going to be killed

Reactions: Debi
Photo#54312
OL7ZCLMZ1LIZWLFLTZFLTZ8RQHSZDLGRBLSZHH8RDL6RHH2RSHERYZMRKHMRJZYLOZ0ROZMRDZQR.jpg

Copyright © 2006 drof65

female.gif

June 30, 2004

I live in the mountains of NC and while sitting at the computer tonight I had a huge bug come flying by me, I thought it was a humingbird at first, but it was the largest beetle I have ever seen in my life! The thing kept flying towards me once hitting me in the neck! I screamed, woke my husband who caught the bug so I could identify it...hope I can sleep lol, it measures a little over 2"s long X 1". Is it unusual to see these in our area?

I've seen worse makeup on some of the ladies around here.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Photo#54312

Copyright © 2006 drof65

female.gif

June 30, 2004

Omg the size of a humming bird!!! That’s huge!!!

View attachment 18686 Here is the large beetle we have in MI. They are pretty big and name a lot of noise. June bugs !

The worst part is when they bite you and the poison in their fangs starts to paralyze you..at least it only lasts 72 hours. Do you have the giant poison beetles in Scotland,Tony?

Reactions: TonyM