5-23-2020 Saturday Live Chat Thread

Yes, good fun. I'm going to drop off for a while, I need to call my sister back. She called just was the time Madeline was getting semi-naked.

We are in our time machine heading back to when movies were black and white. I feel like I just stopped off in the 50's for a visit. :p
Sorry I missed pray time gathering and movie night. I was hoping to make it this week. But GF and I are taking turns sleeping in family room with new doggo Lily while she recovers from spay surgery. My turn tonight and I’m WIDE awake.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Posting an interesting coincidence which I meant to post nearly two weeks back but got interrupted.

Weekend of May 9th and 10th I was thinking about a couple who my GF and I are very close to. We were supposed to meet up with them and their adult kids at Walt Disney World the first week of March but “covid”. The other family went (not us) and we let them stay in our timeshare in order to save money. They sent us a thank you card and a family photo from the trip. Seeing the photo on my desk reminded me of them again during this recent May weekend.

On Tuesday May 12th, I noticed that my DVR had recorded a new episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway? improv TV series. Seems that the show is back in production. So I press play and the actors on the show strike me immediately as being just a little younger than the last time I saw them. Then when the camera pans to the moderator, there are the two adult kids from our friend’s family sitting in the second row of the audience.

This episode is five years old. I know so to be true because when I saw our friends in the audience when this episode first aired in 2015, I called them to tell them so.

Normally I would just say “coincidence” except...

I double checked my DVR settings and as I suspected to be true, they are set to record only NEW episodes of that show. That setting has been that way for probably 8-10 years. I checked the DVR’s metadata about that specific recording and it appears as “New” on “5/11/2020” but as I navigated the DVR metadata again later, the same indicator said the show was from June 2015. I didn’t delete the show and the metadata now says again...or still...New on 5/11/2020.

The DVR did record another show last Monday and it was in fact new. I’ll check on this coming Monday’s show if one is recorded to see if it is really new or not. But strange that THAT particular episode was erroneously replayed and marked as new just when I was thinking about those friends. If the network had correctly marked the episode as a repeat, my DVR would not have recorded it...or would it? Was I destined to see that show again and just at that exact time?

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
Posting an interesting coincidence which I meant to post nearly two weeks back but got interrupted.

Weekend of May 9th and 10th I was thinking about a couple who my GF and I are very close to. We were supposed to meet up with them and their adult kids at Walt Disney World the first week of March but “covid”. The other family went (not us) and we let them stay in our timeshare in order to save money. They sent us a thank you card and a family photo from the trip. Seeing the photo on my desk reminded me of them again during this recent May weekend.

On Tuesday May 12th, I noticed that my DVR had recorded a new episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway? improv TV series. Seems that the show is back in production. So I press play and the actors on the show strike me immediately as being just a little younger than the last time I saw them. Then when the camera pans to the moderator, there are the two adult kids from our friend’s family sitting in the second row of the audience.

This episode is five years old. I know so to be true because when I saw our friends in the audience when this episode first aired in 2015, I called them to tell them so.

Normally I would just say “coincidence” except...

I double checked my DVR settings and as I suspected to be true, they are set to record only NEW episodes of that show. That setting has been that way for probably 8-10 years. I checked the DVR’s metadata about that specific recording and it appears as “New” on “5/11/2020” but as I navigated the DVR metadata again later, the same indicator said the show was from June 2015. I didn’t delete the show and the metadata now says again...or still...New on 5/11/2020.

The DVR did record another show last Monday and it was in fact new. I’ll check on this coming Monday’s show if one is recorded to see if it is really new or not. But strange that THAT particular episode was erroneously replayed and marked as new just when I was thinking about those friends. If the network had correctly marked the episode as a repeat, my DVR would not have recorded it...or would it? Was I destined to see that show again and just at that exact time?
One possible explanation is that it's marked "new" to the TV line up. Our TV does this all the time and makes us nuts.