5-12-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

You must have bugged my home because me and my GF have had this discussion every single day about some food item for the past two weeks. Let’s see if you were listening well...what was this morning’s debate about?
Around here I'm the one jumping up and down about NOT using the expired milk or dairy product, the sauce that has sat in the fridge door for 6 months, and arguing against ingestion of left overs that belong to 4 days ago.

Around here I'm the one jumping up and down about NOT using the expired milk or dairy product, the sauce that has sat in the fridge door for 6 months, and arguing against ingestion of left overs that belong to 4 days ago.
Yep to me a two day past “Best by” date is a slap in the face. I watch containers until the “Sell by” date is one week past then I chow down.

That was all great until I came home HUGELY hungry after a long business trip and couldn’t find an all night McDonalds. I boiled up a pound of tortellini from the freezer ignoring all man made attempts to warn my mortal corpse to NOT EAT THIS. I devoured that pasta. 30 minutes later I was alternating between the toilet and the shower. It took hours for me to expel the frozen biology experiment and then I passEd out from exhaustion.

Yep to me a two day past “Best by” date is a slap in the face. I watch containers until the “Sell by” date is one week past then I chow down.

That was all great until I came home HUGELY hungry after a long business trip and couldn’t find an all night McDonalds. I boiled up a pound of tortellini from the freezer ignoring all man made attempts to warn my mortal corpse to NOT EAT THIS. I devoured that pasta. 30 minutes later I was alternating between the toilet and the shower. It took hours for me to expel the frozen biology experiment and then I passEd out from exhaustion.
Oh dear heavens you are my husband's twin or close relative! I have literally snatched food from his hand when I see him doing stuff like that. I try to be proactive and rid the pantry of items such as this, but things will sometimes sneak by me or...as I know darn well has happened...he's hidden something for consumption "later."

My mom was notorious for her belief that expiration dates where merely suggestions. The family rule was never use mom's salad dressing. She wasted nothing so it could sit open in her fridge for a year and in her opinion still be "good" cuz it was in the fridge.

The sun is still up here but not for much longer.
I'm running on fumes, forgot I was a pint low which explains it. I'm going to excuse myself and start making some movement toward sleep. Catch you all tomorrow.

Good night!

Reactions: Lynne