4-8-2023 Saturday Live Chat

My sleeping system I use. I use a Military extreme cold weather bag with 5"thick foam inside. This has been my goto since 2007!
I swear, those Army guys got that worked out. Chicago winters aren't for the feignt of heart, but they taught me some stuff.

Reactions: Tworivers71
I swear, those Army guys got that worked out. Chicago winters aren't for the feignt of heart, but they taught me some stuff.
Yea man, I depend on that bag with my life. I trust anything military. I also use a marine issue combat tent. Now, it doesnt get Chicago cold when i goto my yearly trip in the Arkansas mtns but, low to mid 20's is still chilly. You have to know how to breathe when you sleep. Theres a bit of an art to it. So you dont get ice crystals in your lungs.

• Wow
Reactions: Paintman
Yeah, getting older is not for sissies.
Have to exercise just to undo the damage from too much exercise..
You know, when i was in my 30's and 40's I camped in remote places by myself, regularly. Now I'm older, and married, It almost scares me to death. Hate to leave my new wife a widow because of my arrogance...

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Paintman
You know, when i was in my 30's and 40's I camped in remote places by myself, regularly. Now I'm older, and married, It almost scares me to death. Hate to leave my new wife a widow because of my arrogance...
I have a good friend who was a former competitive bodybuilder, and has been a personal trainer for 30 years. Dude knows his stuff.
We have well thought out aging strategies.

Reactions: Tworivers71