4-25-2024 Thursday Live Chat

Great song! But I can't listen with my daughter around because it gives her mild PTSD from a video game.

There is a game called Brutal Legend, it's a Must for anyone who likes video games and heavy metal. The basic plot has you playing the game as a Roadie, the guy who builds the stages, keeps the guitars tuned, pack the equipment, ect. At the start of the game there is a freak accident during a concert and your character is killed. He then wakes up in a fantasy world I jokingly refer to as "Metal Earth", a land built on heavy metal music and motor vehicles. The trees are made of exhaust pipes and many of the animals have engine parts. There are a few hundred classic metal songs on the soundtrack, you're armed with an axe and guitar as weapons, you meet interesting characters like The Guardian of Metal (voiced by Ozzy Osborne) and when someone gets badly hurt they need to see the Kill Master (voiced by Lemmy) and other neat surprises. The whole game is an homage loud music, mostly from the 70s.

At one point in the story there is a character who hits a low point, gives up and chooses to end their own life. This was my daughter's favorite character so this part of the story actually made her cry. And during this scene they chose Mr Crowley for the soundtrack. The song fits perfectly, but now everytime my daughter hears it she wants to cry all over again. Of course that also hasn't stopped her from playing the game, I think she replayed it about a 8 or 9 times because it's fun and she likes the overall story and heavy metal esthetics.

Good morning gang. It feels like mid-day to me because I got up so early. It was just after 6am when the cat decided I needed to get up. He started knocking things off shelves and tables till I finally gave up and got up. I have that odd feeling of knowing I need to get into some jobs I need done around the house but I'm tired and rebelling against the guilt. So I have accomplished nothing. I hope you all are doing something constructive lol.