4-24-2024 Wednesday Live Chat

It was liberating when I came to the realization that i'm not going to find a lot of answers. So stop looking, and start living.
But don't get me wrong.I'm glad there are philosophers and theologians asking those questions. Trying to find answers.
But I figure if I need a change of perspective someone will hand me a book and I will stumble upon it.

My quest used to be money and nothing else. I thought it would make me happy and to an extent it did,but it was a false happiness. One day someone asked me when was I ever truly happy. After some thought I answered and he said just go back to that mindset again. I did and life's been great!
I just turned 46 this month. I have a great wife,no debit, jeep is paid off in June or July, motorcycle is paid for, retired only work 9hrs a week over 2 days at a gun store,and have lots of dogs and cats.
I do miss my work and occasionally the wife let's me go play soldier still.

Reactions: Lynne
My quest used to be money and nothing else. I thought it would make me happy and to an extent it did,but it was a false happiness. One day someone asked me when was I ever truly happy. After some thought I answered and he said just go back to that mindset again. I did and life's been great!
I just turned 46 this month. I have a great wife,no debit, jeep is paid off in June or July, motorcycle is paid for, retired only work 9hrs a week over 2 days at a gun store,and have lots of dogs and cats.
I do miss my work and occasionally the wife let's me go play soldier still.
This is a successful life in my opinion.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: garnetsilver
Yes they do. Between 2x4's, steel beams, flying KO's, gas pipes, uh, what else? Tooo many times i have walloped myself. I already know my hands are going to be toast by retirement, but hope my brain will be intact lol.
I had three head injuries as a child; the first was caused by an iron bed rail falling over and hitting the top of my head when I was about three. The next was caused by my brother playfully shoving me and I tripped, and landed on the door sill, cutting my chin and requiring stitches. I was about ten. The third was while a door was taken off the hinges for repair and I bumped into it and wham! There goes my head again. I was about eleven.

• Wow
I had three head injuries as a child; the first was caused by an iron bed rail falling over and hitting the top of my head when I was about three. The next was caused by my brother playfully shoving me and I tripped, and landed on the door sill, cutting my chin and requiring stitches. I was about ten. The third was while a door was taken off the hinges for repair and I bumped into it and wham! There goes my head again. I was about eleven.
Garnet, do you think your physic abilities may have been triggered by the head injuries? We are always trying to put pieces of the puzzle together here.

Garnet, do you think your physic abilities may have been triggered by the head injuries? We are always trying to put pieces of the puzzle together here.
That is an interesting thought! I have often wondered myself about that.

That is an interesting thought! I have often wondered myself about that.
There are a lot of reports of trauma being a factor in gaining paranormal abilities. Maybe it rewires the brain or changes the channel the brain was tuned into. Something to think about.

Reactions: garnetsilver