4-24-2024 Wednesday Live Chat

I wish it was a cool story,but I got hit in the head with a golf ball. When I went down I bounced my head of the golf cart and popped back up thinking I was fine. Next thing I know I'm getting sick. I figured it's just a bad concussion so I go home and of course go to sleep. Woke up to the worst pain I've ever felt in my head,started losing my vision, and getting sick again. Got a buddy to take me to the hospital and then the tests began. I had whiplash, crushed nerve in my neck,memory loss,and migraines for life. The meds they kept changing on me probably did more harm than good. I was getting 3-4 severe migraines a week some lasted 2 days.
It was horrible!
I still have nerve damage due to the plate in my neck. 1 or 2 pins didn't take so I still have pressure on that nerve.
I did get my cat..Tank..during this time. He is amazing! He somehow knows 20-39min before a migraine and will let me know! He runs around meowing at me trying to put me in bed by hearding me to bed.
Wow! After all the dangerous service you do it ends up being a gulf ball that got you. How crazy is that. I am sorry that happened to you though. It is said cats find the person that needs them. I believe it.

During that time I couldn't drive or work. Also found out certain shades of green and the smell of asphalt set my migraines off. The nerve damage is manageable since I have other nerve damage. I'm a mess!
Oh! And pain killers and other like drugs don't work on me so that's fun. We did figure out valuim helps alot! Stops muscle spasms and nerve pain and makes other injuries tolerable. Also can make a bad day a groovy day...lol!
You have a good attitude about it. Hopefully things stay manageable for you.

Reactions: Paintman and K9-1
Now a funny story.
We arrived in Afghanistan and were given 2 vic's. Both humvees with no armor,door,or roofs. No problem. Pull up to a small base and I swear everyone was looking. I go to jump out my pack caught on something and I split my left knee open of the door frame! I have no clue how long I rolled around in the dirt holding my knee and swearing.

• Wow
Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
Gang, gonna try to eat myself to sleep w/ an Italian sausage on a French roll, with enough grilled peppers and onions to overload a Gypsy caravan.

Reactions: Lynne
Now a funny story.
We arrived in Afghanistan and were given 2 vic's. Both humvees with no armor,door,or roofs. No problem. Pull up to a small base and I swear everyone was looking. I go to jump out my pack caught on something and I split my left knee open of the door frame! I have no clue how long I rolled around in the dirt holding my knee and swearing.
Oh no. That’s funny and awful.

Gang, gonna try to eat myself to sleep w/ an Italian sausage on a French roll, with enough grilled peppers and onions to overload a Gypsy caravan.
Go enjoy paint. I am heading out too.

Reactions: Paintman
Now a funny story.
Welp, doesn't that take the cake....

Reactions: Lynne
You have a good attitude about it. Hopefully things stay manageable for you.

Things happen. No sense on dwelling on it. Things I forgot...who cares I forgot them. I used to know 3 ways to tie a tie totally forgot that annoyed me just because I knew I used to know it.
Also outta the life I lived for a golf ball to take me out is pretty funny.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
K9 thank you so much for sharing your stories. I picture you as a very brave man to whom many probably owe you their lives. May God bless you.

• Love
Reactions: K9-1 and Paintman