4-2-2021 Friday Live Chat

Good morning all!

Another Friday achieved. I hit snooze at least three times this morning. I finally got caught up yesterday so no need to get up before the rooster today.
I overdid it in the garden last evening, digging out that diabolical blackberry bramble that I've ignored for the last several years. Got some terrific scratches that would be the envy of most paranormal investigators, lol. My back is doing most of the complaining though. But that's OK because my weekend starts in just 8 hours. :)

Have a terrific day, everyone.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
Utah, sounds like you needed to hit the snooze bar like Elton John playing Bennie and the Jets.
Oh, so you all know about how I like to share my Sporting Goods with the big cat and the little cat. So I'm sorting out 4 dozen golf balls for the new season. This goes into the pile of when I didn't think things through.
Hank Aaron still likes to play a Wilson Staff. Little Joe, well, I think he is a Bridgestone man !
IMG_20180820_084500376.jpg

Paint, when I was a kid, my friend and I would go up to the golf course at a nearby country club, and shag golf balls. There was a little wooded hollow off to the side of the first tee, down an embankment, with a small stream and pond at the bottom. We would bring our diving masks, the bottom of that pond was a treasure-trove of balls. One would come sailing right in about every ten minutes, lol. After an hour of filling up our bags, we'd take them back to the pro shop, where they would give us 25 cents a ball if there was no damage. We then rode our bikes down to the neighborhood hamburger joint and splurged on greasy burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Thanks for helping me dredge-up that wonderful old memory!

Lone, you just said more eloquently the story of my youth.
Creekin'. There is an inside joke amongst the four of us,young teens. that used to pull balls out of Turkey Creek.
My brother, to this day still has
to fish out a ball out of the creek. His ball, somebody else's ball, he's gonna find one.

Now granted he is always looking for a $4 Titleist Pro V1. So maybe it is a lucrative thing. And I get it as a kid , but I can't find the Allure as a grown-up small business owner.
Then again, I am sitting on two dozen topline Callaway balls. Used. They are half priced because they are logo overruns. The Micky Mouse ball goes in my drawer really cool stuff I found.

Well it's been a month since my current project was last discussed so I'm waiting for a call from the project manager to refresh my memory. One of the joys of getting older.

Wife is still pumped from last weekend's investigation and is already talking about another. We still haven't reviewed all of our audio from last week yet, lol. Evidence review is always the long tedious part and takes time if you don't have a large crew to help.
I really need to dive into yard work though, will probably mow the lawn when I get home from work today. Then back to battle the blackberry canes and give more blood.

I swear I hear a voice say "Feed Me!" whenever I get near them... :eek: