4-12-2018 Thursday Live Chat Thread

Kinda like 5 pages on how to build AK-47s in your basements and being like but don’t do that

So basically the old anti heresy books were the ones full of sorcery stuff?
Not quite. They banned all the specific bits about that and destroyed all the texts... except the ones that were hidden and dug up again!

Not quite. They banned all the specific bits about that and destroyed all the texts... except the ones that were hidden and dug up again!
of course someone has to dig up a new book. strange that nobody in recent centuries has just "dug up a new book"

Insomnia!
of course someone has to dig up a new book. strange that nobody in recent centuries has just "dug up a new book"
The Nag Hamedi library was found in Egypt in 1945 by two brothers who were hoping for buried treasure and disappointed to find a huge jar full of books. (There were also some concerns over opening the jar in case of djinn trouble but enlightened self interest won out.) Still, one of them thought he might be able to sell some to a collector and took it home. Returning home later they discovered their mum using the books to fuel the fire. Some were also thrown in the trash. The two brothers then set out to honour a blood feud by murdering a guy and then eating his heart. From jail a sale of the surviving texts was arranged and thus the Nag Hamedi library was reborn! A collection of books (over fifty texts somehow survived) banned during the bad old days of the early church when they banned all non-canonical books.* (I've lost the link but all this is from a mainstream book about the Nag Hammadi texts.)

Nag Hammadi library - Wikipedia
Nag Hammadi Library

Also new old versions of canonical texts sometimes turn up! I haven't given up hope of more in the future.

*Modern day people seem to do just as good a job at destroying these texts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Insomnia? Heh i just finished editing a video. And to make room on my phone i deleted the clips in my library used to make the video. Stayed up for nothing :) :gun: