3 AM Ghost Questions...

I believe some spirits hang around a while then pass over.I believe spirits are invisible to us.Ghosts are more a memory that some pick up on but not an actual spirit imo.We may not see caveman ghosts as we are not familiar with cavemen and our brain can't put the unknown pic together.

I would say all of the above.
Most don't seem to notice I am there and it's like I'm just an observer. But Spirits do interact and therefore they do know you are there.
I've seen two ghosts of a young girl and boy. The girl was playing with a stick in a river and the boy was on the other side. He was about 5, wearing a sailor suit, but she was 8 and wearing Victorian high boots and a long dress and hat. Very much dressed for church. The river was actually a sluce from a hospital, was only about 3ft wide and shallow, but all slate lined and fast moving.
Anyway the sides of the bank were steep and the stick slipped, she went in and smacked her head with a crack and the water just carried her away.
The thing is the boy with blonde curly hair just looked straight at me in horror. - He saw me ! He then ran away. I presume to get help.
Too late for the girl. I found a grave in a local curch saying she was "found drowned, aged 8" It is unusual for a headstone to say cause of death.

I do believe spirits have a choice to stay or not. My dad was around for about 3 months before he moved on, but if they want to they can stay longer, sometimes much longer.

I've been to a neolithic stone circle that still had about 50 spirits there. I've been back several times and they always see me, and some of the women wave. They whisper to each other but don't speak to me. I wouldn't understand them anyway. We could call them druids as they wear simple off-white robes with a belt. But I think that was what they were cremated in rather than what they wore daily.
As the place was attacked several times I'm not sure all those who were cremated there died naturally. There is a lot of fear still there and is not my favourite spot.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Is there even a universally agreed upon definition of “ghost”? Or how one comes to be? There seem to be more beliefs than facts there.

Roughly 100 billion people have lived and died. Shouldn’t they be EVERYWHERE?

Is there even a universally agreed upon definition of “ghost”? Or how one comes to be? There seem to be more beliefs than facts there.

Roughly 100 billion people have lived and died. Shouldn’t they be EVERYWHERE?
Some religions like Islam and Christianity(specifically the Protestants) don't even acknowledge that a dead person's spirit can return to the land of the living. However it was my previous kung fu master who was a Buddhist-Taoist was the one who told me that it's impossible that spirits can return because in the kung fu circles throughout history there would be thousands coming back to take revenge upon rivals. How strange cause I thought someone like him believed the same as other Buddhist-Taoists in that spirits CAN come back to the the world.

P.S:Yes,there is such a thing as Buddhist-Taoists in the world. Southeast asia has a lot of them.

Last edited:
Some religions like Islam and Christianity(specifically the Protestants) don't even acknowledge that a dead person's spirit can return to the land of the living. However it was my previous kung fu master who was a Buddhist-Taoist was the one who told me that it's impossible that spirits can return because in the kung fu circles throughout there would be thousans coming back to take revenge upon rivals. How strange cause I thought someone like him believed the same as other Buddhist-Taoists in that spirits CAN come back to the the world.

P.S:Yes,there is such a thing as Buddhist-Taoists in the world. Southeast asia has a lot of them.
Yeah, where are all of them?

I believe they see us and can interact if allowed or they are strong enough to do so. I also believe in reincarnation and the idea that we have lived before and therefore we are the people that were alive in 1944 that died in the wars. Etc. My beliefs are from my experiences in the real world with others . You just have to believe me , thats what they all say, right?

Reactions: ozentity
I don't know if we will ever understand what makes a ghost visible to us or how it is created. There seems to be an an ability factor from the person seeing them, and nearly always there is fear involved by the person who is the ghost.
But I seem to be able to read objects as well as places that have no soul per se, even without involving people as well. Unless you believe everything has a soul. It certainly seems to have a memory.

I remember walking into a building I have never been to before. (It was Newmains where I stayed for week and was very active). I looked to the right in the hall and briefly saw a long case grandfather clock - but there was not one there. After exploring the house more I saw the clock which was upstairs on the first floor. I went back down to the hall and had a closer look at where I had seen it, and there were pressure marks in the carpet just about visible that matched the base of the clock upstairs - so it had been there in the past. But how could I know that?

I've also experienced a cellar that I could feel lines of shelves in as I walked around, but it was now open plan, but in my minds eye I could see these wooden shelves full of items in there.

At 22 Belmont street Aberdeen I have seen a room where there is none today, and a window behind me that is not there, and outside steps from a rear door that are not there today, but all existed in 1850 and is shown on the maps.

At the docks I have seen a warehouse from the inside, but the building was demolished and a concrete car park built on the spot in the 60's. Old photographs show that there was a warehouse there built in 1700 and matched what I saw with the narrow slots for windows.

So it is not just people that leave ghosts behind to be seen, but places and objects too. Maybe what we know as ghosts are not even there at all, and it is just an ability of the human spirit to transcend time to see these things. We just need a marker as a reference to stop and look around in that time like flicking through a book.

I don't know if we will ever understand what makes a ghost visible to us or how it is created. There seems to be an an ability factor from the person seeing them, and nearly always there is fear involved by the person who is the ghost.
But I seem to be able to read objects as well as places that have no soul per se, even without involving people as well. Unless you believe everything has a soul. It certainly seems to have a memory.

I remember walking into a building I have never been to before. (It was Newmains where I stayed for week and was very active). I looked to the right in the hall and briefly saw a long case grandfather clock - but there was not one there. After exploring the house more I saw the clock which was upstairs on the first floor. I went back down to the hall and had a closer look at where I had seen it, and there were pressure marks in the carpet just about visible that matched the base of the clock upstairs - so it had been there in the past. But how could I know that?

I've also experienced a cellar that I could feel lines of shelves in as I walked around, but it was now open plan, but in my minds eye I could see these wooden shelves full of items in there.

At 22 Belmont street Aberdeen I have seen a room where there is none today, and a window behind me that is not there, and outside steps from a rear door that are not there today, but all existed in 1850 and is shown on the maps.

At the docks I have seen a warehouse from the inside, but the building was demolished and a concrete car park built on the spot in the 60's. Old photographs show that there was a warehouse there built in 1700 and matched what I saw with the narrow slots for windows.

So it is not just people that leave ghosts behind to be seen, but places and objects too. Maybe what we know as ghosts are not even there at all, and it is just an ability of the human spirit to transcend time to see these things. We just need a marker as a reference to stop and look around in that time like flicking through a book.
Rowan you are very observant. Some of us are really tuned into our environment. Empaths are also like that. Sunday my SO was watching tv and I knew it was Hallmark Channel. I was in the other room and just come into the house from being outside most of the afternoon. I said you are watching Hallmark rght? She sid yes how did you know? Ive learned from listening to their shows that have a pure piano background music often and a lot of the time. I like the music and its comforting which its meant to be. I pay attention to everything and everywhere I go. Its a blessing and a curse. I cant turn it off and Ive always been this way. My favorite outdoor activity is tracking. They tell everything about the person making the tracks.