3-28-2024 Thursday Live Chat

You know in all my years of cooking I’ve never cooked the ultimate meat… I’m really flirting around with trying my first brisket in a few weeks. Complete with burnt ends, and pink smoke ring on the edge!

I could easily live as a vegetarian with milk products added into the mix. My boys actually call me an "almost vegetarian". Although I will eat fish.
I have noticed I am eating more salads and veggies, last couple of years ;)

Reactions: Debi
Worked at a Italian seafood restaurant, 4 yrs, Somerspoint, NJ. Mac's Restaurant. Right on the bay and Ocean, Fresh seafood :D

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Living in Florida we did a lot of seafood. It was cheap and fresh off the boats...and hubs was friends with the local boat captain who supplied the shop next to his. Never knew what was coming home or when, but it was always good. lol

You know in all my years of cooking I’ve never cooked the ultimate meat… I’m really flirting around with trying my first brisket in a few weeks. Complete with burnt ends, and pink smoke ring on the edge!
Lon, my hubs used to do a nice brisket. Takes time and patience. Can't rush it.

Living in Florida we did a lot of seafood. It was cheap and fresh off the boats...and hubs with friends with the local boat captain who supplied the shop next to his. Never knew what was coming home or when, but it was always good. lol
Absolutely, a friends father ran a fishing Company from NJ to FL, really good prices....sold to that restaurant I work for. Where I am now so far away from the Ocean, it's expensive and not fresh :(

Reactions: Paintman
Well, folks, I came on early tonight as I knew I was worn out, so I'm going to bid you guys goodnight. I'm draggin' my tailfeathers.

I will see you all tomorrow!