3-19-2021 Friday Live Chat

I had my first (telephone) therapy session today. (Well really it was answering basics so they could book me a proper thing in a few months as they are pretty overwhelmed right now for some reason.) I mean, you spend two years shut up alone and have a life threatening illness along the way, it's best to...
In any case, to give a real world response to this: One of the questions was about using recreational drugs and had a list. At the end I responded, 'I wouldn't touch heroin, but right now I'd go for any of the others!', to which she responded with a laugh and, 'Yeah...'.
Rough year and many things have turned upside down.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I had my first (telephone) therapy session today. (Well really it was answering basics so they could book me a proper thing in a few months as they are pretty overwhelmed right now for some reason.) I mean, you spend two years shut up alone and have a life threatening illness along the way, it's best to...
In any case, to give a real world response to this: One of the questions was about using recreational drugs and had a list. At the end I responded, 'I wouldn't touch heroin, but right now I'd go for any of the others!', to which she responded with a laugh and, 'Yeah...'.
Rough year and many things have turned upside down.
Glad to hear you are reaching out. It's sometimes a hard step to take but it can be a really good thing for those struggling with things. And you have had a really rough road!

Glad to hear you are reaching out. It's sometimes a hard step to take but it can be a really good thing for those struggling with things. And you have had a really rough road!
Thanks! I know it too well. I've fought against depression since I was about thirteen and know it and myself well and have a good handle on it. It has been a hellish... seven years or so?.... and the last the worst and I know when to get help. It was supposed to be a 45 minute basic question session, but went to an hour and twenty minutes as I kept wandering off and she was a trained therapist so talked through some things.
I also made her cry at one point. Not through a bad thing, but by telling a story from my past which I tell myself if ever I feel suicidal and which keeps me going. I was in tears too. We both cried. But with a little sadness but mostly joy!

Reactions: Debi
Thanks! I know it too well. I've fought against depression since I was about thirteen and know it and myself well and have a good handle on it. It has been a hellish... seven years or so?.... and the last the worst and I know when to get help. It was supposed to be a 45 minute basic question session, but went to an hour and twenty minutes as I kept wandering off and she was a trained therapist so talked through some things.
I also made her cry at one point. Not through a bad thing, but by telling a story from my past which I tell myself if ever I feel suicidal and which keeps me going. I was in tears too. We both cried. But with a little sadness but mostly joy!
My youngest son has battled depression for many years, as has my middle son off and on. Knowing when you are in it is half the battle.

Reactions: Benway
My youngest son has battled depression for many years, as has my middle son off and on. Knowing when you are in it is half the battle.
Yes! It's been harder for me lately due to my physical illness as it mimics or masks the symptoms of depression (fatigue, loss of concentration, sleep disruption, loss of appetite etc) so I couldn't be sure and left it a long time.
Oh, on another subject I for various reasons, didn't see my friends/neighbours for the last three weeks and was asking myself if that was perhaps psycological and also why they hadn't knocked my door either. Then I was on my way to the shops and Alan screeched up fully masked on his bike and the first thing he said after 'Ben! Hi!' was 'We had Covid!' It sounded bad but he's better and out now. She's recovering and due outside again tomorrow if she's okay. So it sounds like my subconscious was keeping me away for a good reason! I'm relieved they will be okay. He's one of those blessed with fine physical health (and he was such a skinny little kid! I remember picking him up like a rag doll when we were kids! He filled out.) and an immune system that shrugs off anything. THis flattened him though and he was still shocked by it.
I'm so glad they are pulling through!
That makes me (twice) and the only three old friends I've seen who have all had it bad now.

Yes! It's been harder for me lately due to my physical illness as it mimics or masks the symptoms of depression (fatigue, loss of concentration, sleep disruption, loss of appetite etc) so I couldn't be sure and left it a long time.
Oh, on another subject I for various reasons, didn't see my friends/neighbours for the last three weeks and was asking myself if that was perhaps psycological and also why they hadn't knocked my door either. Then I was on my way to the shops and Alan screeched up fully masked on his bike and the first thing he said after 'Ben! Hi!' was 'We had Covid!' It sounded bad but he's better and out now. She's recovering and due outside again tomorrow if she's okay. So it sounds like my subconscious was keeping me away for a good reason! I'm relieved they will be okay. He's one of those blessed with fine physical health (and he was such a skinny little kid! I remember picking him up like a rag doll when we were kids! He filled out.) and an immune system that shrugs off anything. THis flattened him though and he was still shocked by it.
I'm so glad they are pulling through!
That makes me (twice) and the only three old friends I've seen who have all had it bad now.
Wow...it sounds like it's really bad over in the UK. We are currently seeing cases down or go straight line. Stupid kids partying down in Florida shall now spread it all over their respective states again. The good news is many are going for the vax now so we are building protection.

Wow...it sounds like it's really bad over in the UK. We are currently seeing cases down or go straight line. Stupid kids partying down in Florida shall now spread it all over their respective states again. The good news is many are going for the vax now so we are building protection.
It's mostly much better in the UK, but Peterborough hovers around the top ten most infected plague pits. We were #2 one week, though that was due to a horrifying outbreak at the prison. Of course, Alan is a prison officer, so...
On the vaccination front Peterborough did really well on the 75-80 age group as around 110% got the jab. Impressive, and proof that football mangers DO understand maths better than me! This is really down to the population figures being a few years out of date, but still.
'The lads done good and at the end of the day everyone is giving it 110% and moving forward we'll all be giving it at least 120% next time!'
'Yes, but will you actually win a match any time soon?'
'I think so. Yes.'

Reactions: Debi
Each State here is doing differently, but mine seems to really be anxious to get in more vaccine to keep up with the demand. I know there are States that people are refusing the vax, but here we're really in need of bigger batches! I heard yesterday more doses headed our way by end of the month. There are hotspots out there but luckily my area is doing quite well.

Each State here is doing differently, but mine seems to really be anxious to get in more vaccine to keep up with the demand. I know there are States that people are refusing the vax, but here we're really in need of bigger batches! I heard yesterday more doses headed our way by end of the month. There are hotspots out there but luckily my area is doing quite well.
I'm glad to hear it. The US parallels the UK on this. We started earlier than anyone, but the actual rate between the US and UK is the same and on a graph are two parallel lines. Sadly we have a shortage too. But that just means that us 44 year olds will have to wait until late April. I really never thought I'd get it so soon anyway, so I can deal with that.