2-8-2024 Thursday Live Chat

Guys I watched a terrific film. It's called Bubba Ho-tep. OMG funny . Elvis vs the Mummy. (sort of).
Great movie. Bruce Campbell is always fun to watch, was a little surprised that he was almost subdued in this film as Elvis. The other surprise was award winning Ossie Davis not only being in wacky horror/comedy but being so funny in it. The "They dyed me" line cracks me up. Oddly, for being a movie about Elvis fighting a Mummy there's not any Elvis songs in the entire movie.

Reactions: Lynne
Not a doubt in my mind, I’ve seen her face vaguely before, but this was head to toe. I’ll have to tell the story one day, It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.
Those life changing experiences are rare and special. The other side usually leaves us to figure things out, evidence of it is a special event.

So my wife just introduced me to this concept called Girl Math. Which apparently means some things she buys are "free" because other items were on sale. She tried to buy something from Amazon but the package was damaged so she got a refund, which she then used to buy the same items for $21 less at Wal-Mart. So according to her "Girl Math" she just earned $21. I don't know if other women do this but suddenly a lot of my Mom's money issues started to make sense.

As someone who works in finance this honestly hurt my brain. In an effort to clear things up I showed my wife a set of brand new Makita power tools that cost $1200. However there is another brand selling the exact same set of tools for $600. I then asked if that means I could "earn" $600 buying the cheaper set. Which in turn means the tools would be free because I'm buying them with the $600 I just "earned". I'm not sure my point got through to her, but on the plus side I'm getting a new set of power tools!
I just spit out my tea. I think I love your wife; she is brilliant. lol. I have not heard of this but I may have justified some spending in a similar fashion. hahahahaaa

Great movie. Bruce Campbell is always fun to watch, was a little surprised that he was almost subdued in this film as Elvis. The other surprise was award winning Ossie Davis not only being in wacky horror/comedy but being so funny in it. The "They dyed me" line cracks me up. Oddly, for being a movie about Elvis fighting a Mummy there's not any Elvis songs in the entire movie.
I just watched the trailer, and it does look funny. This would be a good group watch party movie.

Reactions: Stevedog