12-1-2022 Thursday Live Chat

Not good. He was taken back to the hospital again tonight. His oxygen level had dropped down to 81% and it was even lower this weekend. He shouldn't have ever left the hospital.

Wow...that is not good! Lower than 81 is really dangerous. I went into respiratory arrest when I hit 78%. Does he have oxygen at home?

No matter where, Wolf, he's in my prayers. As are you.

He was still at rehab and had an oxygen machine - he just refused to wear it. And lying down all the time isn't helping matters any. It's like he's being smothered.
Bottom line, if he won't wear it that's a big problem. If the lungs can't do it on room air, he needs the supplemental. That's just a medical fact. And as someone with LOTS of experience with breathing problems, sitting up is always easier to breathe when you are low on 02. They need to diagnose him, Wolf. Something is going on there medically. Once again, prayers going out for both of you.

Bottom line, if he won't wear it that's a big problem. If the lungs can't do it on room air, he needs the supplemental. That's just a medical fact. And as someone with LOTS of experience with breathing problems, sitting up is always easier to breathe when you are low on 02. They need to diagnose him, Wolf. Something is going on there medically. Once again, prayers going out for both of you.
Nodules were found on his lungs so my guess would be an infection. I'm no physician but I'm spinning my wheels on what it could be.

Nodules were found on his lungs so my guess would be an infection. I'm no physician but I'm spinning my wheels on what it could be.
Nodules can be just about anything..some things better than others. Have you heard the word "Hyperinflation" at any point with him?

That's just a fancy way of saying COPD which covers a lot of different things with the lungs.