11-18-2018 Sunday Live Chat Thread

You guys may not know or remember...my middle son is a head honcho type Geek of IT for a major company. I raised one of you.

Reactions: TonyM
Yes mine started the same way Tony, hobby / interest turned career. At 14 I was lucky where my dad worked got to borrow Honeywell manuals and got interested in COBOL, which would turn out useful as back then programmers would be on great salaries, I had very good troubleshooting skills and at a young age my business sense developed very quickly !

Aye we both had a similar career path. I got a rep for troubleshooting what others couldn't, and banjo playing lol

You guys may not know or remember...my middle son is a head honcho type Geek of IT for a major company. I raised one of you.
I'm so terribly sad to hear about your lost son :p

I'm waiting for mine to get up. Today is Search the Attic day.

A lot of similarities in your story to mine Tony, family and friends could not believe it, new developments would come out and I some how seemed to already know it.
And it's great to meet you sir, in case it wasn't clear :)

Yesterday I mentioned the hacking thing, which people frown at and looking back I'm not proud of it. I was a white hat and always used to point out problems to sysop/admins. But the same with that it was if I was given the inner knowledge. The encryptions were like images I could see the faults in, very strange !

Reactions: TonyM