11/10/2015 Jim Elvidge

"If we knew that souls are independent of real religion or region or something like that, we'd be less likely to conduct wars."

I disagree. If there was actual, tangible proof that souls existed outside of dogma or philosophical systems, there would be just as much reason to conduct wars. The only major difference would be that the repercussions of killing people would be greatly lessened because there would be much less at stake. If someone was killed, and the killer knew they would 'just' be reincarnated, the very idea of murder for any reason would become much less of a taboo.

There is also a hardback omnibus edition which weighs several pounds, and collects the entire series.
My personal preference these days is to get electronic versions for my Nook reader. My wife still prefers hard copy.

Greetings Midnight Fans! I hope all of you are doing well! Am listening to the Eldridge show in the archive. It is cool! Be seeing you around.

Reactions: Debi
Greetings Midnight Fans! I hope all of you are doing well! Am listening to the Eldridge show in the archive. It is cool! Be seeing you around.
Thanks for joining us, rimnie. During the day, most of us hang out on the random thread: WEEKLY RANDOM CHAT but you are welcomed to post comments on this thread as you listen to the Jim Elvidge show

Last edited:
Thank you 7Christie. Will do. :) I will bookmark the thread you mentioned. My strange schedule will not allow me to get in on live, during the show, chat. But I am glad there is a thread for such cases. :)

Reactions: 7Critter
Thank you 7Christie. Will do. :) I will bookmark the thread you mentioned. My strange schedule will not allow me to get in on live, during the show, chat. But I am glad there is a thread for such cases. :)
That's me also. I do not listen live since my sleep cycle makes me an "early to bed, early to rise" person. I just naturally wake up at 5am each day. I do try to listen Friday nights. Other days I listen to shows via Art's Time Travel and read the thread as you are doing.

My personal preference these days is to get electronic versions for my Nook reader. My wife still prefers hard copy.
Be that as it may, there is still something about holding the entirity of Planetary in a solid leatherbound volume which is made to look like one of the Planetary Guides from the series...

Be that as it may, there is still something about holding the entirity of Planetary in a solid leatherbound volume which is made to look like one of the Planetary Guides from the series...
Although I do most of my reading on Kindle these days just for convenience, I have to agree with you that the experience is just not the same as holding those pages in your hands. It's a sensory experience of it's own.