100 Year Old Ghost Ship Mystery

titch2k6

Reaction score
Really interesting. Similar sort of maritime mystery to the plight of the Mary Celeste.

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I don’t understand why this is a mystery. They obviously abandoned ship since the life boats were missing. The crew probably went their separate ways if they ever made shore.

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Abandoning a ship on high seas is rough and seldom accomplished without some losses. In this case, they may all have been lost. As far as the cat, I have found that any time that you want a cat to do ANYTHING in a hurry the result is the same. The cat runs and hides and refuses to cooperate. Cats are not known for doing anything on anyone else's schedule or speed.

Reactions: Debi
OP
Duke

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
I don’t understand why this is a mystery. They obviously abandoned ship since the life boats were missing. The crew probably went their separate ways if they ever made shore.
The mystery is why the crew would abandon a perfectly seaworthy ship. If the ship had been damaged to point of potentially sinking, then abandoning would not be surprising.

One theory I heard was the crew might have abandoned ship due to a member of the crew having contracted a deadly disease. This occurred near the end of the Spanish Flu epidemic, so maybe that was it.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The mystery is why the crew would abandon a perfectly seaworthy ship. If the ship had been damaged to point of potentially sinking, then abandoning would not be surprising.

One theory I heard was the crew might have abandoned ship due to a member of the crew having contracted a deadly disease. This occurred near the end of the Spanish Flu epidemic, so maybe that was it.
That is a good theory. Look at our cruise ships and even our military ships during this pandemic. It spread like wildfire.