10 essential Alien invasion movies

I still like independence day
I must have seen that movie over 200 times, and that is not exaggerating a bit. I think I can quote whole scenes by now. It's my "go-to" movie!

Reactions: Mokey
The alien invasion movie that scared me to death as a kid was the 1953 War of the Worlds. I think it was a classic. I didn't mind the Tom Cruise remake either.

The alien invasion movie that scared me to death as a kid was the 1953 War of the Worlds. I think it was a classic. I did't mind the Tom Cruise remake either.
Loved both of those! Actually, the Tom Cruise one kind of scared me worse....:eek:

That sound the machines make in War of the Worlds reminds me of the weird noises people hear.

Independence Day 2 should (promises) to be spectacular.
Lifeforce will forever hold a place in my heart as the ultimate of love and hate.
Awesome that you used Mysterious Universe for a reference. Ben, Aaron and Dan are awesome and have swung my speech towards speeking with an osratllion occent mayte ;)

Andromeda Strain - The first 30 minutes creeped me out in the 70's back when we only had 4 channels of TV to watch and this was late at night.

The Thing - I first saw the original back in the 70's when my dad told me it was James Arness (Gunsmoke) who played "The Carrot". Kurt Russell's best character though I loved him as Snake Plissken in Escape From New York. CLASSIC pre CGI effects!

They Live - Don't even get me started. Was a huge WWF fan back in the 80's and loved Roddy's character but the plot was so .........believable

Reactions: Debi