10-26-2021 Tuesday Live Chat

Good evening!

Story time! Our main road is temporarily closed down for repairs for a week or two. A trucker coming from another direction missed the memo. He ended up stuck at the crossroad trying to figure out how to get back to civilization and actual roads. My son decided to guide him out as he had no way to turn the huge rig around. So...off my son goes guiding this HUGE semi through the back roads to get him over to a main road. On the way they met up with an off duty State Trooper who stopped them to chat. My son and the trooper talked over the best route and agreed with my son he had no other way out and my son had the best game plan. Took about a half hour, but my kid managed to get this poor guy out of the really bad back rural roads, while the trooper back tracked to make sure the sign was more visible so we had no more lost semi's trying to take the road. Good deed done. (These back roads are farm roads with twists and turns no semi should attempt!)

• Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver
Good evening!

Story time! Our main road is temporarily closed down for repairs for a week or two. A trucker coming from another direction missed the memo. He ended up stuck at the crossroad trying to figure out how to get back to civilization and actual roads. My son decided to guide him out as he had no way to turn the huge rig around. So...off my son goes guiding this HUGE semi through the back roads to get him over to a main road. On the way they met up with an off duty State Trooper who stopped them to chat. My son and the trooper talked over the best route and agreed with my son he had no other way out and my son had the best game plan. Took about a half hour, but my kid managed to get this poor guy out of the really bad back rural roads, while the trooper back tracked to make sure the sign was more visible so we had no more lost semi's trying to take the road. Good deed done. (These back roads are farm roads with twists and turns no semi should attempt!)
He gained a crown in heaven. You must really be in the back country.

Good evening!

Good for him! Not many people would have offered to help, let alone personally lead him out.

A little disappointed the story didn't end with, "....and to show his thanks the trucker offloaded a couple cases of Wonder Bread and TastyKakes."

He gained a crown in heaven. You must really be in the back country.
We have the main road, which is a two lane normal state road. That one got closed. All the other roads lead off to farm country and are gravel roads for the most part. Even the "better" roads are laid out with enough twists and turns to give you challenge in a car. (These roads were laid out following property lines and turn hither and tither.) We rarely travel on them as they are really in poor repair. This driver managed to get his rig back to the main highway he needed to be on but had to do some serious driving, sometimes barely making the turns on these narrow back roads. Even the school buses are challenged by them. You can imagine a big rig.

Good for him! Not many people would have offered to help, let alone personally lead him out.

A little disappointed the story didn't end with, "....and to show his thanks the trucker offloaded a couple cases of Wonder Bread and TastyKakes."
This^^^

What’s everyone doing tonight. I am making popcorn.

I'm not doing much tonight. Husband watching Oak Island. It returns tonight.
Oh crap I missed it! Hubby is staying up to watch the voice. Let me know if they find anything

Oh crap I missed it! Hubby is staying up to watch the voice. Let me know if they find anything
It's just starting at 9 on the new one. Coming up in 5 minutes. He's watching the recap one now.