10-20-2018 Saturday Live Chat Thread

Cool.....Before I changed careers, about 10 years ago, I was a field director on CRM archaeological projects all across the country.

Brilliant Bob! I had to choose between astronomy, geology and archaeology and picked the wrong subject to study at university. I never worked as an astronomer.

Reactions: T-Bob
Brilliant Bob! I had to choose between astronomy, geology and archaeology and picked the wrong subject to study at university. I never worked as an astronomer.
I worked as an archaeologist for years.....However, you can't have a family and pay the bills that way....I still work with archaeologists all the time on pipeline projects, as a right of way agent, and it pays much better than archaeology ever thought about.

Reactions: TonyM
I worked as an archaeologist for years.....However, you can't have a family and pay the bills that way....I still work with archaeologists all the time on pipeline projects, as a right of way agent, and it pays much better than archaeology ever thought about.

I hear ya. I'd also like to hear any stories you'd care to share about your experiences, did you have a specialty?

I like astronomy..........I was excited when Gerald Hawkins book came out on Stonehenge, that tied astronomy and archaeology, in the early 1970s.

Reactions: TonyM