1-17-2024 Wednesday Live Chat

420173545_10161366118047138_4222407063581644011_n.jpg

We went from negative 11 degrees to a warm 5 degrees in Tennessee.
Good morning Bob, we are at 5 degrees too. It is windy and expected to drop to 2. I am over it and ready for life to return to normal. I was out meeting the farrier yesterday about 4:30 and it was brutal. By the time I got home from the stable I was frozen and just climbed in bed under a heated blanket. The cold has brought most life to a halt around here.

Was never a huge Bruce fan but this song pulls me to get up and dance (and reflect on life stuff, but that's a different topic lol ;) )
In my daughter's senior year of high-school she got a class called "The History of Rock n' Roll" where they studied various bands and the progression from country, blue grass and blues to rock, punk and metal. It was awesome for me as a bit of a music nerd to have my daughter learning and showing an interest in such things. She suddenly knew a lot about The Beatles, Elvis, Queen, The Rolling Stones, ect. She also expanded her collection of "goth music" from basically just My Chemical Romance to groups like The Cure, Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. She was also now familiar with all sorts of bands and knew almost all the songs on the "classic rock" station I listen to in the car. Which is awkward when she recognizes a Robert Plant song but my wife doesn't.

One day we were driving in my car and Dancing in the Dark starts playing. I turn up the volume and start belting out the lyrics. Oddly my daughter didn't know it. So I asked what Bruce Springsteen songs they covered in her History of Rock class. She said Bruce who?