1-17-2024 Wednesday Live Chat

In my daughter's senior year of high-school she got a class called "The History of Rock n' Roll" where they studied various bands and the progression from country, blue grass and blues to rock, punk and metal. It was awesome for me as a bit of a music nerd to have my daughter learning and showing an interest in such things. She suddenly knew a lot about The Beatles, Elvis, Queen, The Rolling Stones, ect. She also expanded her collection of "goth music" from basically just My Chemical Romance to groups like The Cure, Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. She was also now familiar with all sorts of bands and knew almost all the songs on the "classic rock" station I listen to in the car. Which is awkward when she recognizes a Robert Plant song but my wife doesn't.

One day we were driving in my car and Dancing in the Dark starts playing. I turn up the volume and start belting out the lyrics. Oddly my daughter didn't know it. So I asked what Bruce Springsteen songs they covered in her History of Rock class. She said Bruce who?
That's awesome to see many of the younger gens listening and appreciating older music. One of the young guys i work with listens to all classic rock and even classic country music. Have to say i am not a big rap/hip hop listener, but same guy has turned me on to some Nigerian rap music that i actually liked.

Mornin'. A chilly 8 degrees F outside this morning. I see clear skies, so hopefully the sunshine will do its magic.
I pulled up to the job around 7am and it was 17 degrees with who knows what the wind chill it was (probably single digit feel). Not very fun ripping out old PVC conduit to run all new electric for irrigation system for a business.

Hiya !
Enjoying a 45° temperature swing !!!! It's probably not good for building materials, but me & every living thing love it. 20° today.
Mama the semi feral cat made it through fine. She has two heating pads inside her stick built insulated house, with a little insulated house inside of that.

I hope Stevedog & Selectric see this.
eJVem5kMPs6S1SNi.jpeg

In my daughter's senior year of high-school she got a class called "The History of Rock n' Roll" where they studied various bands and the progression from country, blue grass and blues to rock, punk and metal. It was awesome for me as a bit of a music nerd to have my daughter learning and showing an interest in such things. She suddenly knew a lot about The Beatles, Elvis, Queen, The Rolling Stones, ect. She also expanded her collection of "goth music" from basically just My Chemical Romance to groups like The Cure, Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. She was also now familiar with all sorts of bands and knew almost all the songs on the "classic rock" station I listen to in the car. Which is awkward when she recognizes a Robert Plant song but my wife doesn't.

One day we were driving in my car and Dancing in the Dark starts playing. I turn up the volume and start belting out the lyrics. Oddly my daughter didn't know it. So I asked what Bruce Springsteen songs they covered in her History of Rock class. She said Bruce who?
Oh I loved this story.

Hiya !
Enjoying a 45° temperature swing !!!! It's probably not good for building materials, but me & every living thing love it. 20° today.
Mama the semi feral cat made it through fine. She has two heating pads inside her stick built insulated house, with a little insulated house inside of that.

I hope Stevedog & Selectric see this.
View attachment 54689
Hahahaaa

Reactions: garnetsilver